Your connection to wildlife
As one of Canada's largest not for profit leaders in wildlife conservation, research, and advocacy, we are seeking to fill the following position.
The Communications Coordinator will help raise the profile of CWF to the Canadian public through a variety of vehicles. He/she will develop and implement communications plans to promote and manage CWF campaigns, events, programs, initiatives, issues, and build support for wildlife conservation. He/she will develop and write high quality, original and effective content for CWF while working closely with key departments to develop, write, edit and copyedit content in both English and French.
- Work with communications team to create and deploy strategic communications plans
- Drive the implementation and development of CWF national campaigns
- Draft and communicate campaign plans, strategies, tactics and updates for the CWF Team
- Write articles and content for communications materials, including newsletters, website content and annual reports
- Assist with production and editing of communications and fundraising materials including direct mail campaign, event programs, posters, letters, reports, e-communications tools, etc. in both official languages
- Work with various media sources to promote CWF and its programs
- Research and write press releases, Develop and execute media pitches with national and regional media
- Coordinate participation and special event planning
- Work with regional staff to ensure delivery of national campaigns
- College diploma or university degree in communications, journalism or a related field
- 5 or more years experience working in a communications position
- Experience developing strategic plans, communication strategies and critical paths
- Superior English and French language writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal, people management and communication skills
- Comfortable with current and emerging technologies
- Creative and intuitive thinker, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as be a valuable team player
- Ability to work to deadline, set priorities and juggle multiple projects without compromising quality
- Bilingualism (English and French) required
This is a permanent, full-time position, based in Kanata, with some travel required.