Reporting to the Lead, Recruitment and working closely with PHC’s corporate communications team, the Communications Coordinator, Human Resources (HR) supports PHC’s HR services by providing an integrated range of communications services with a primary focus on recruitment activities, that include: supporting the organization’s ability to attract and hire staff; working with leadership to develop and refine communication tools and tactics; producing and delivering timely information to PHC leadership, staff and other stakeholders regarding HR programs and initiatives using a variety of media; and contributing to the enhancement PHC’s provincial and national profile as an exemplary employer through targeted communication and marketing strategies.
The Coordinator provides a key departmental role in developing social media messaging/communications for HR services and requirements and disseminating this information to the PHC community and potential recruits through the range of social media channels. Works closely with other HR and Communications team members in developing HR related communications and social media campaigns. Monitors related activity on social media channels used and measures and reports on the social media performance success rates. Provides support for human resources activities and projects.
- Demonstrated excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with exemplary attention to detail.
- Knowledge of recruitment methods, best practices, job market trends and standard recruitment processes, for online and print media. .
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to tailor messages for a variety of channels and audiences to match informational needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to produce effective deliverables and campaigns.
- Ability to implement digital communications activities with proven social media skills.
- Demonstrated project management, prioritization, and coordination skills.
- Strong computer skills in desktop applications and electronic communications technology, publishing and web-based communications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate events for communications purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Expertise in content management, desktop publishing and social media platforms highly desirable.
Completion of a recognized Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field including two (2) years to four (4) years recent, related experience in communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in the use of social media for candidate recruitment is preferred.
Edits and writes compelling content for a wide variety of audiences and channels.
Works with HR Leaders to develop communications strategies and plans that motivate and engage staff in the use of HR services and participation in HR initiatives and provide timely information about HR activities that affect the workplace and their employment.
Researches, writes and edits content for print, digital and in person communications activities, including tailoring key messages for a wide variety of channels and audiences to match informational needs.
Produces communications materials, including articles, newsletters, (print/online), videos, presentations, bulletins, briefing notes, FAQs, web copy, events and content for various HR services and initiatives.
Uses social media channels and other media to attract candidates including gathering and developing content for postings/advertisements/articles/blogs/video. Leverages existing social media sites in use by the organization to assist with candidate recruitment.
Works with HR System and Reporting team and HR Leaders to review and analyze trends in recruitment, retention, and turnover, benefit utilization, etc. and uses this information to inform communications initiatives.
Acts as the key HR department resource for all Social Media activities. Monitors related activity on social media channels used and measures and reports on the social media performance success rate in the recruitment area.
Assists with advertising job opportunities by posting job descriptions on select media platforms. Identifies potential sites on which to advertise. Tracks the effectiveness and impact of advertising dollars spent. Processes related invoices and maintains documentation.
Explores additional online and media opportunities for candidate recruitment including researching various online job boards, blogs, and websites; researches job fairs and/or conferences that may yield qualified candidates.
Proactively builds and maintains internal and external relationships through internal communications and social media for candidate referrals. Makes presentations to potential applicant groups as required. Develops market research targets.
Ensures that PHC’s internal and external HR websites are updated and current by producing, revising and organizing content and other on-line resources.
Develops scripts and helps edits videos.
Assists and/or coordinates other projects, special events and activities as required.
Performs other related duties as assigned.