Title: Communications Consultant
Contract Type: Consultant
Compensation: $40 per hour (up to 50 hours per month)
Youth Challenge International (YCI) designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Lead, the Communications Consultant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of YCI’s marketing and communications plan. We are seeking a passionate, creative and dynamic candidate to drive and deliver exceptional results. This position is ideal for an independent consultant seeking a flexible opportunity to add to their current projects. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Marketing and Communications Lead with marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including social media content development, outreach and promotion, social ad campaigns, liaising with project offices and design partners, metrics and reporting;
- Play an essential role in content creation for social media and digital marketing campaigns;
- Produce engaging and dynamic website content with compelling CTAs to drive results and maximize SEO and SEM;
- Establish a consistent Youth Challenge International presence in relevant social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate;
- Create online and print communications, including annual reports, brochures and infographics;
- Coordinate with key team members from the Toronto and field offices towards the best possible results.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field preferred;
- 3-4 years of communications and/or digital marketing experience;
- Bilingualism (English & French) is essential for this role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), their respective communities and how each platform can be leveraged to achieve results;
- Experience supporting the development and implementation of digital marketing campaigns;
- Knowledge and proficiency with social media content creation and engagement;
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact;
- Working knowledge of the principles of SEO and SEM including keyword research and Google Analytics;
- Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social;”
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress;
- Experience with Google Ad Grants considered an asset;
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills;
- Exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.