NATURE OF WORK
Reporting to the Director of Communications & Community Relations (CCR), the Communications Consultant contributes to the development and maintenance of communication practices and tools for internal and external audiences, in support of the Cree School Board’s (CSB) Strategic Action Plan.
- Participates in the development of the CSB’s communication strategy and plan, and the development of CCR’s departmental plan (strategy, tactics, and key performance indicators).
- Contributes to the development and upkeep of the communication policies and practices; maintains and promotes CSB’s branding guidelines and fosters a standardized professional image; assisting in maintenance and usage of the CSB Communications Guidebook.
- Provides communication support to their assigned CSB groups and departments through the planning and coordination of public relations activities and contributing to the development of promotional materials and activities.
- Responsible for the development and management of content for their assigned CSB’s communication web platform and newsletter. Reviews and develops content for various social media platforms.
- Develops and contributes to presentations, speeches, and videos as required.
- Actively supports the development and maintenance of the CSB’s Digital Asset Management/Media library.
- Participates in identifying communication training needs and proposes solutions; supports the development of communication training materials and tools as required; and contributes to the delivery of communication training developed or obtained by the CCR department.
- Supports with the administration of the request for proposal (RFP) process and the development of service agreements as required.
- Collaborates with third-party service providers, including design firms, print houses, photographers, writers, and translators.
- Responsible for keeping up to date of trends in communications and identifying opportunities for learning and professional development.
- A bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialty, notably: Communications, Public Relations, Journalism
- At least 3 years of related experience is required
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of Cree and French are assets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Written and verbal communication skills in Cree and French are assets
- Cree and/or French translation skills are assets
- Knowledge of internal and external communication concepts and practices
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in developing, and engaging in social media and web platforms
- Skills in photography, audio and video are assets
- Available to travel
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!