The Communications Business Partner provides leadership and support around internal communications efforts while consistently engaging Aviva Canada’s employees with line of sight to the overall business strategy, plan and priorities. The Communications Business Partner is a key player in driving employee engagement, education and ambassadorship through a variety of platforms, venues and communication events.
- Develop strategic plans and execute on communication initiatives that support and align employees to Aviva’s business strategy, priorities, and values
- Consult with business partners to understand communication needs, provide advice on communications approach, develop plans and implement tactics
- Write clear, concise and engaging internal communications materials on a wide range of topics
- Liaise with business partners and people leaders to continuously evolve AvivaWorld; coach and guide internal content owners in the use and benefits of an online environment
- Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Work collaboratively with all communications team members, including graphic design, videography, web design, etc
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- University degree or post-degree diploma in communications, public relations or journalism
- Minimum of 7 years of focused internal communications experience, preferably at a global company
- A solid understanding of best practices in internal communications and employee engagement
- Outstanding writing skills
- Working knowledge of SharePoint 2010
- Superior critical thinking skills – ability to quickly cut through the haze and focus on the most important issues or points
- Superior project management skills – delivers on time and manages key stakeholder expectations professionally and effectively
- Healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo, able to influence and inspire others based on expertise
- A true team player with excellent communication skills and high personal impact who generates confidence and credibility with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of French is an asset
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in the country providing home, automobile, leisure/lifestyle and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the company has more than 4,000 employees, 27 locations across Canada and approximately 1,500 independent broker partners.
Aviva Canada invests in positive change through the Aviva Community Fund, Canada’s longest running online community funding competition. Since its inception in 2009, the Aviva Community Fund has awarded $6.5 million to over 222 charities and community groups nationwide.