This is a temporary full-time position for up to 3 months
As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centre’s, and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Mount Sinai Hospital has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally.
The Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support patient care, world-leading research and innovative education at Mount Sinai Hospital by developing collaborative and long-term relationships across the community. The generous support of donors fuels hospital initiatives in, care and innovation that improve the quality of life for our patients and advance medical sciences globally.
The Foundation is seeking a self-motivated and proactive individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to fill a temporary full-time role of Communications Assistant – Summer Student.
Provides support for communications & marketing duties including:
- Work with external and internal partners to facilitate communications projects.
- Assist in the creation and copy editing of multiple communications products including: press releases, speaking notes, articles, newsletters, social media posts, reports and more.
- Coordinate photo and video shoots for communications efforts.
- Liaise with graphic designers to help execute projects.
- Communications & Marketing departmental support as needed.
- Assist with Foundation events as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program in a related field.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner.
- Respectful and service oriented with demonstrated ability to attend to details; exceptional follow-through as demonstrated through effective customer service experience.
- Works well in a diverse team environment with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent work performance and attendance history.