This is a contract position, to August 31, 2017
Combining your organizational abilities and strengths as a communicator, you will be an invaluable asset to the Peel District School Board Communications and Community Relations Support Services team.
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of communications for various student success initiatives, as well as the coordination of communications projects and special events. More specifically, as a Communications Assistant, you will be involved in:
- supporting communication and marketing strategies and materials to promote student success initiatives, including social media strategies;
- communicating information about the initiatives to Board staff and students;
- planning and implementing events for students and teachers, including booking keynote speakers and liaising with outside agencies;
- managing project timelines;
- creating presentations;
- writing news releases and promoting or pitching story ideas to news media;
- managing sections of the Board’s website, including writing and editing website content and coordinating external graphic design, video production and other services to enhance the website; and
- performing other duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Communications Assistant, you will be able to apply your:
- Community college diploma related to Public Relations, Communications or a related discipline.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and other web development software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and proofreading skills.
- Excellent research and note-taking abilities.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
For the application process and additional information, please visit our web site at http://www.peelschoo..obpostings. Applications in writing must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 2, 2016.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.