At Mogo, we’re all about improving people's lives by delivering the most convenient and financially friendly loans possible. And in the marketing department, we take it upon ourselves to help inform and educate customers about Mogo’s products, the company as a whole and developments in the industry.
We work in an ever-changing environment and are always looking for innovative approaches to stay one step ahead of the game. To keep up with us, you need to be a resourceful, adaptable multi-tasker with great writing skills, and most importantly, you need to be fun! Oh, and you should probably like Italian food, too.
As the Mogo Communications Manager, you’ll create, develop and execute marketing and internal/external communications campaigns with a primary focus on creating an exceptional online customer experience, enhancing Mogo’s retail customer relationships and external communications in relation to acquiring new customers and investors. You’ll report directly to the Head of Marketing and work collaboratively with other Mogo-ites to align our communications with corporate objectives and key messages. We’re an all-hands-on-deck kind of company, so you’ll have access to a range of opportunities!
- Takes a consultative approach to auditing current collateral and projects, revisioning strategies and executing on key initiatives.
- Develops and implements holistic communications strategies for the Mogo brand across the customer lifecycle, with a special focus on online communications and the online customer experience.
- Builds brand awareness, acquires new customers, retains existing customers through various channels including social media, mobile and internet marketing.
- Manages and maintains monthly newsletters, website content and online community.
- Develops and maintains all communications and marketing materials with internal team, including press releases, fact sheets, media kits, testimonials, company presentations, etc.
- Tracks and reports all marketing and communications initiatives.
- Coordinates approvals and production of communications collateral.
- Monitors media (newspapers, magazines, business publications, various search engines).
- Coordinates interviews, conference calls and webcasts.
- Protects Mogo's image and brand.
- Responds to media requests, requests from stakeholders and the public in a timely manner.
- Works closely with People and Culture to develop internal communications collateral.
- Focuses on ensuring consistency and improving the customer experience at all customer touch-points.
- Works closely with Investor Relations to produce copy and collateral for investor relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Relations or Communications.
- 3 years demonstrated success in a Communications role in an E-Commerce company.
- Solid understanding of the financial services sector and Mogo’s product offering.
- Track record of successfully creating incredible online customer experiences.
- Track record of success working both independently and in a team.
- Track record of producing high quality, professional, persuasive campaigns and copy that generate business results.
- Ability to quickly grasp issues, simplify messages, and position issues using a variety of channels.
- Experience researching, assembling and analyzing information from various sources.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at different levels of an organization and across business units and industries.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment
- Expert level skills in MS Word & Excel and other related applications.
- Exceptional English communication skills, both oral and written.