Temporary, full-time position (April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2025) – flex work model
Are you looking to build your digital communications skills and knowledge? Come join a great team at the Ridgetown Campus of the University of Guelph, and enjoy the benefits of our flex work policy, whether you prefer working on-site at the Ridgetown Campus, in Ridgetown, or from home.
Your role as a Communications and Engagement Coordinator will be to engage and inform future and current students, helping them find key information they need to get started or continue their academic program while having an excellent small-campus student experience. Use your creative writing skills to help develop digital content, including managing the campus website, social media strategy and digital marketing campaigns, with a focus on growing student enrolment through the further modernization of our digital communications to improve campus awareness and drive student enrolment and retention.
Working both within a diverse team environment and with internal and external stakeholder groups, you will explore the best communications tools to engage specific target audiences and ensure effective distribution of key messages, as well as create a variety of communications and marketing opportunities, including earned media. Effectively utilizing the University’s ImproveLife brand narrative, you will work with likeminded staff and students looking to improve the world growing around them.
To assume the role of Communications and Engagement Coordinator, you must be a strong, creative communicator who is skilled in digital writing and editing, and whose profile includes:
- A two (2)-year college diploma in Communications or Marketing, or a related area (degree is preferable),
- One (1) to two (2) years of relevant digital experience designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating website and additional digital communications tools, with a focus on continually improving the user experience and driving campus growth.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current marketing and design practices and problem-solving skills.
- Strong creative, oral, and/or written communications skills.
- Technical skills combining strong digital writing and editing skills, knowledge of Office 365, and ability to effectively design, develop and integrate communication tools.
- Skills in the selection of appropriate platforms for material development and sharing, and strong visual design skillset and experience in the Adobe design suite tools (InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator).
A relevant combination of education and experience may also be considered.
At the University of Guelph, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workspace, so, if you are excited about this role but your experience does not perfectly align with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role.
Interested but want more information before applying? Please reach out to Lyndsay Doran at email@example.com to explore!
The University of Guelph (www.uoguelph.ca) is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive comprehensive institutions, with a record of outstanding scholarship in the arts, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, physical and engineering sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences. This is your chance to join us in our endeavour to improve life.
To view a detailed posting for the role of Communications and Engagement Coordinator, including application instructions, please go to our website at Current Opportunities | Human Resources (uoguelph.ca). Applications, quoting Hiring #2023-0096, must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!