Bilingual Communications Offiicer
Are you a looking for an exciting new challenge to apply your communications skills to help reduce global poverty?
Crossroads International is seeking a dynamic bilingual Communications Officer. Reporting to the Director, External Relations, this position leads the media relations portfolio as well as donor communications. Versatile, creative, tech savvy and committed to excellence, the Communications Officer will employ a variety of marketing and public relations and tactics toattract new Crossroads supporters and engage existing stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self starter and strategic thinker. S/he is a skilled writer, who has demonstrated success initiating and managing a proactive media relations program as well as experience with online communications and publications programs that build supportive relationships with stakeholders and donors. Exceptional writing skills in English and proficiency in French as well exceptional projectmanagement skills are required. Experience overseas is a definite asset.
- University degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field;
- Professional experience in marketing/communications and project management with a PR agency, corporation or nonprofit organization;
- Bilingualism, written and oral, English French is required and will be tested in the selection process. Spanish is an asset;
- Demonstrated success initiating proactive media relations programs;
- Proven ability to write clear, concise and compelling prose — articles, press releases, op-eds, ad copy, blog posts and email alerts etc.;
- Demonstrated success in writing, editing and coordinating production of publications to tight deadlines;
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills and experience in community building on and offline through events, trainings, campaigns etc.;
- Exceptional project management skills;
- First hand experience using social media
- Solid copy-editing skills, strong attention to detail and familiarity with Globe and Mail Style;
- Experience working with HTML, PhotoShop, Indesign, Illustrator and other design software;
- A commitment to gender equality and the promotion of women’s rights;
- Experience in international development or international volunteering is an asset;
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $45,247 - $54,296
Crossroads International believes that working with others as equals we can create decent work for all and ensure women and girls have equal rights. Working in partnership with community based organizations in 28 projects in eight countries and with the support of volunteers North and South, Crossroads is reducing poverty and increasing women’s rights in West Africa, Southern Africa and South America. For more information, visit www.cintl.org.
Crossroads International is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We encourage applications from people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from aboriginal and/or other marginalized communities.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.