Are you driven by impact? We are HCMA, an interdisciplinary design firm driven by the desire to create happier, healthier, more connected communities.
The work we do in the Communication Design studio reflects this commitment. We design brands that instill trust, inspire confidence and forge lasting relationships with communities. From a brand identity for the Squamish Nation to a ground-breaking (and award-winning) book.
Our Communication Design team is growing – and we need a junior designer with the ambition, enthusiasm, and talent to support us. Is that you?
We’re looking for a designer (graduate to junior) to:
- bring creative flair, technical ability, and a collaborative nature to every brief
- support the Communication Design team on external and internal briefs from concept through to production
- take initiative and responsibly manage your own time and assigned tasks
What you will do:
· Support design team in delivering a range of internal and external projects, including:
o hcma marketing collateral and special brand projects
o Brand design, including concept, applications, and guidelines
o Print publications and presentations
o Wayfinding and signage, plus graphics for the built environment
· Own smaller briefs to build your experience delivering and executing creative concepts
Ideally, you bring:
- a related degree
- experience of design and production, in both print and digital, on a variety of briefs
- a strong sense of design, layout, and typography
- strong communication, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- experience in HTML and motion graphics a plus
What we offer
- Mentorship and the opportunity to hone your craft working as part of an award-winning Communication Design team
- A diverse range of briefs working with purpose-driven clients who share hcma’s values
- The opportunity to help a small, friendly, and ambitious design team grow
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!