Provides service support to the client advisor, sales professional and client executive relating to the development and servicing of insurance brokerage and risk management accounts.
- Handles routine inquires and transactions concerning clients.
- With supervision, assists client advisor, client executives and sales professionals in developing underwriting specifications, preparing proposals, insurance summaries, reports and correspondence.
- Prepares and maintains summary client insurance summaries under supervision of the client advisor or executive.
- Reviews policies and initiates draft recommendations for coverage.
- Coordinates and reviews billing and invoice materials, prepares invoices and certifications.
- Prepares spreadsheets and other documents to support analysis of accounts.
- May obtain rates from rating bureaus.
- May assist in preparing proposals for client presentation and participate in group presentations.
- Understands and complies with published Marsh Professional Standards and guidelines.
- Has a college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of company-sanctioned e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software, as well as in-house, proprietary financial and sales-reporting systems, and navigation within the Internet.
- Possesses fundamental knowledge of office databases and company-sanctioned presentation software.
- Has an understanding of basic property/casualty insurance principals and basic understanding on claim handling/procedures.
- Must have excellent oral and communication skills.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.