Salary: $82,000.00 - $124,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0113)
Job Location(s) 1380 Burrard Street Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2K2 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives
The Manager will lead the category strategy, strategic sourcing, and category and supplier management activities for specific subcategories of indirect spend across the business. This position will be responsible for managing and delivering strong results that support the goals of the Indirect Procurement organization and provide significant value. A successful candidate will be adept at analyzing complex data and developing unique insights that inform and direct fact-based decision-making. As the Manager will work on several different initiatives simultaneously, strong personal organizational skills with the ability to independently manage competing priorities are also important.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager is to identify total cost of ownership opportunities, capture cost reductions and mitigate risk on Lululemon’s expenditures for goods and services, drive for company best value, and assist with setting the global procurement strategy, processes, and execution.
The Manager will frequently work with individuals from Departments across the Company and will be responsible for communicating and building relationships with suppliers. Strong relationship skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders across all levels, particularly senior leadership, will help this person be successful in the role.
As the Manager will interact with and develop an understanding of various areas of the business, experience in the Indirect Procurement organization will likely be a valuable asset for future opportunities that arise in other business units.
The finer print
- Bachelor’s degree required
- SCMP (or equivalent) or MBA preferred
- 5-7 years in IT procurement experience with significant responsibility for selecting, negotiating, contracting and managing high spend/ high risk suppliers.
- Knowledge of hard and software providers with ability to lead procurement with a technical background
- A detailed understanding of procurement and category management issues
- Strong ability to analyze complex data to develop unique insights and effectively communicate findings to others.
- Able to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in creating and executing plans of action to accomplish organization goals.
- Able to independently manage competing priorities while ensuring that all expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ability to propose and execute new ideas and processes for improving the effectiveness of Procurement
- Demonstrable skill in the coaching and mentoring of individual team members across the Procurement team (which may include line management responsibility)
- Capable of balancing workload and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office), knowledge of P2P/Oracle a plus
- Be decisive when presented with limited data (decision-making) and result-orientation.
- Proactively takes on new initiatives for continuous improvement
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental & disability and performance based bonus available. We support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based bonuses and salary increases.