Rebellion connects millions of users every day to personalized content and communities through its large and growing family of websites, mobile apps and digital tools. In categories spanning sports, technology, lifestyle and entertainment, Rebellion acquires successful digital brands, then boosts them to the next level by applying a smart mix of tools and skills. We believe in taking risks, we’re not afraid of failure, and we think it’s a mistake to build a business if you can’t have some fun along the way.
We are looking for talented individuals that possess a combination of technical aptitude and creativity to join our Search Marketing Team. Priority will be given to individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who develop side projects or businesses for fun. This may be showcased in terms of a Start Up you are working on, a mobile app that you’ve built, or a website that you are running personally or freelance for a client…because you love to be busy and in the middle of the action! Search Marketing is a unique team that spans all business divisions at Rebellion Media, and is responsible for ensuring the relevance and visibility of Rebellion Media’s online marketing. Search Marketing is a highly results driven, goal-oriented team, driving performance optimization through adaptability and innovation.
What You’ll Do:
- Using strong analytical skills; perform day-to-day management of online pay-per-click (PPC) keyword advertising campaigns.
- Daily monitoring of traffic and profit performance of PPC campaigns.
- Create performance reports in Excel for management.
- Keyword, industry and competitive research.
- Ad copy creation and optimization for search engines.
- CPC, CPM, CTR, quality score optimization.
- Site map creation / original content requisition.
- Entrepreneurially minded, you are passionate about seeking out opportunities to generate online traffic, sales, and to develop new ideas
- You strive to remain current with relevant trends and best practices in a performance marketing environment
- Background in marketing/affiliate marketing, sales or market/competitive intelligence combined with being tech/internet savvy
- Advanced experience in Excel
- Excellent internet research skills and understanding of search engines.
- Analytical, innovative, and creative with strong attention to detail.
- Hard working with ability to take initiative, be adaptive
- Ability to work independently, time manage self and push self to own deadlines
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ideally has knowledge and experience with Google AdWords, Microsoft AdCenter, and Facebook Advertising, The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization using excellent fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Will be motivated by ownership of portfolio of websites and campaigns and willingness to go above and beyond in managing sites to meet revenue targets
- Experience in Display Media buying, Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Lead Generation, or eCommerce
- Strong grasp of effective landing page creation and optimization
Showcase Your Talent:
If you are entrepreneurially-minded and have a small business you operate, or develop mobile apps on the side, or have built your own website…tell us about it! Don’t be shy, showcase your talent for thinking outside the box!
Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Rebellion has a cool office space featuring a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water and RedBull. We have a large patio area great for ad hoc meetings or BBQ’s, and have mixed entertainment including video games, 60” TV’s featuring PS3 and Apple TV, or you can challenge a teammate to a game of foosball.