Business Development Associate, Wealth Management – Vancouver – Job # 3505
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has offices in 10 countries worldwide, including Wealth Management offices located in Canada, Australia, the UK and Europe. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in Canada, the US, the UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Australia and Barbados. To us there are no foreign markets.
Our Canadian operations are currently looking for a motivated and ambitious team player to join our Wealth Management team in Vancouver. The successful incumbent will be supporting an established Investment Advisor within a team environment, and must be professional, resourceful, self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- Perform outgoing sales calls (cold and warm calls) aimed at identifying and qualifying potential investors. Range of investment products may include stocks, bonds, third party managed solutions and insurance related investment products and strategies;
- Assist with development of center of influence connections;
- Organize and maintain a database of prospects and clients;
- Contact prospects to determine interest in receiving literature on selected investment products;
- Prepare e-mail and general mail outs to clients and prospects including tracked email marketing;
- Assist with coordinating client seminars/meetings led by the Investment Advisor;
- Manage social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter);
- Work with the marketing department on advertising, and meet with vendors to negotiate pricing and timing of marketing efforts;
- Work with suppliers for advertising / branding, and networking with dealers;
- Maintain marketing budget and reimbursement credits;
- Coordinate, attend and provide support at all event functions;
- Perform ongoing maintenance and design of the team website and liaise with IT professionals as required;
- Provide administrative support to team, and perform other marketing duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years of related experience in marketing and communications, with undergraduate degree in Marketing or Business Administration;
- Previous telemarketing and/or sales experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated interest in investment products an asset;
- Proficient with MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.