We’re looking for someone exceptional to join a passionate team of experienced entrepreneurs and first rate developers that are changing the way that people share, collaborate and engage with data – see www.buzzdata.com.
What we think you’ll be doing:
Reporting directly to the EVP Business Development & Marketing, you will be his right hand man / woman; as such, you will be a key part of the team building the BuzzData user community.
- Identifying, researching and building relationships with potential users of BuzzData, as well as pinpointing which aspects of BuzzData would be most useful to a given customer or sector.
- Generating activity on BuzzData – e.g. tracking down datasets & data publishers requested by the BuzzData community and getting the data published on BuzzData; finding interesting data sets about contemporary events or topics and matching these with data users.
- Carrying out analysis and regularly producing internal and external reports (e.g. platform usage reports).
- Regularly dealing with existing and prospective BuzzData users (including C-level decision makers) and soliciting feedback from the community
- Assisting to ensure the success of BuzzData standalone and co-branded marketing initiatives.
- Assisting in the development of BuzzData’s sales & marketing collateral and strategy in general.
Based in Toronto but international travel is more likely than not.
What we think you’ll be like (because we are):
- Self-starter and able to use your initiative; entrepreneurial in outlook (we are a start-up).
- Highly analytical but also creative. Comfortable preparing and analysing spreadsheets and also communicating your findings. Able to think laterally to solve problems.
- An excellent communicator, both in person and on paper.
- Quick to learn, flexible and not afraid of new challenges.
- Tenacious and highly focused.
- Interested in data – how the sharing of and collaboration on data will make the World smarter; interest or background in statistics or data analysis is a plus.
- Tech savvy (some interest or experience in software development is a plus) and highly familiar with social networks.
- Experience in building a user community and / or increasing website usage or traffic is again a plus but not mandatory.
Ideally you should be better than we were at your age and capable of running a company (yours, someone else’s, ours) in 5-10 years and a team well before that.
What we’re offering in return (we’re good like that):
- Competitive salary ($50K per annum) plus discretionary bonus and potential opportunity to participate in employee stock option programme.
- Participation in a good benefits programme.
- Excellent growth and development prospects – if you’re the right person, your success will be linked to the company’s success.
- The chance to be part of something genuinely exciting.