We are booming, so we are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team.
BIMM is a marketing communications agency located in Toronto's historic Distillery District. For more than 30 years, we've crafted flawless direct, digital and retail campaigns for some of the biggest brands in Canada. We know how to get short-term results while also building brands over the long haul.
And we are very focused on results. We love generating award-winning creative, but we love measuring the impact it generates even more.
Our guiding philosophy is to create customers for life.
We're looking for an energetic person with superior analytical abilities, great attention to detail and strong communication skills to join our growing team as a Business Analyst.
This role reports to the Director of Customer Insights and involves frequent interaction with all levels of management, clients, and outside suppliers. The ideal candidate will display the perfect balance of analytic capabilities, confidence, and business acumen.
If you’re a team player who believes strongly in continuous improvement and strives to create best-in-class programs, drop us a line.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the development of program design and execution, working collaboratively with other teams across BIMM to support our clients’ businesses through a balanced focus on finding, keeping and maximizing customers
- Providing the technical expertise on the development, analysis, and interpretation of data and reports
- Managing a repository of reports, documents and processes to support business strategies and objectives
- Providing recommendations and helping implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the generation of reports
- Serving as a key member of the BIMM Customer Insights team to help drive client strategies and priorities while delivering on objectives
- The candidate should be a prospective leader
- 3-5 years of experience in either a business analysis or technical capacity
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills, including the ability to quantify and analyze customer data
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; the presence to engage, present to and challenge employees, communicate and sell ideas, and influence strategy
- Excellent organization and planning skills; facility in managing a large number of tasks and projects to help the team execute campaigns flawlessly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to relate technical issues to non-technical people, listen, understand, and to respond effectively
- High aptitude for understanding both data and information systems technologies
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, a bias for action and strong customer orientation
- Flexible and able to work in an environment where "change" is prevalent
- Data organization, maintenance and storage
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage and drive projects with limited supervision
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree in business, finance, economics, statistics/math, marketing or a related area; MBA or professional designation preferred
- Advanced MS Office capabilities especially MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of relational databases and query language (i.e. SQL)
- Knowledge of statistical software (i.e. SPSS, SAS, or R) an asset