Business Analyst - Marketing full-time
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP is currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our Clients and Markets team in the Toronto office. The Clients and Markets support team delivers operational support to drive the firm’s national marketing and business development efforts. The team manages and develops processes nationally in the areas of CRM, client feedback, credentials content, experience database, business intelligence and top tier directory submissions. The team requires a business analyst to drive day to day efforts in the areas of client feedback, business intelligence, legal directories and credentials content.
Reporting to the Clients and Markets Support Manager, the Business Analyst will lead all aspects of client feedback and business intelligence activities nationally within the Clients and Markets support team, working closely with Norton Rose Fulbright’s national clients and markets team with additional support from offshore teams. The role will also provide support to credentials content and top tier directory submission processes. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below.
Skills and Experience Required
- Working with various members of the Canadian clients and markets team, global counterparts and offshore teams, the business analyst will lead client feedback processes adhering to and ensuring consistent closed-loop processes are maintained across all client feedback channels.
- Lead deployment of client satisfaction interview processes, working closely with the chief marketing officer, administrative assistant and offshore teams in planning, scheduling, collection of client intelligence, and assisting in action plans / follow ups upon completion.
- Lead deployment of Canadian matter feedback processes, nominating relevant Canadian matters to the global client feedback team, and sharing feedback with key members of the Canadian clients and markets team and the practice.
- Track and monitor bid debrief progress and results.
- Lead the business intelligence program in Canada, with support from offshore teams; over time, the business analyst will become SME for business intelligence in Canada.
- Undertake custom market research accessing primary data from an existing suite of third party research databases and Norton Rose Fulbright’s suite of client reporting tools.
- Triage incoming requests from various requestors of information in Canada to offshore teams, applying consistent quality control review processes.
- Share and train members of the Canadian clients and markets team on functionality of on-demand third party research tools.
- Develop an understanding through hands on experience of Norton Rose Fulbright’s suite of client reporting tools.
- Provide recommendations to continually enhance business intelligence processes, tools, services and results.
- Working with other business analysts on the Canadian clients and markets support team, offshore resources and global directories lead, contribute to the planning, production and submitting of top tier legal directory submissions for Norton Rose Fulbright.
- Populate the content calendar with top tier directory timelines, research schedules and release date information providing a holistic view of directory information to the full team over the course of the calendar year.
- Working with business analysts on the Canadian clients and markets support team, and other clients and markets team members, to contribute to the credentials content program in Canada.
- Review and update existing standard content and contribute to the development of new content required to support downstream marketing and business development activities such as bids, credentials and legal directories.
- Contribute to the enhancement of Norton Rose Fulbright’s experience database, contributing matter information into the process and sharing best practices with cross functional teams while working closely with the business analyst leading the development of the database
Internal relationships and processes
- Develops relationships with all members of the Canadian clients and markets team.
- Over time, provide new team members with clients and markets support onboarding materials and training in areas unique to the role.
- Work with a cross section of clients and markets team members across the country on special projects and initiatives.
- Lead the development of KPIs and metrics unique to the business analyst role.
- Facilitate sharing of success and learning, continuous process improvement and best practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-7 years of relevant analyst experience in a professional services environment in a marketing, analyst, business development or related role.
- University degree or college diploma in related field.
- Strong analytical and systematic problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proofreading experience with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Must be able to convert raw data into strategic insights and recommendations.
- Strategic “Out-of-the-box” thinker
- Proven experience producing marketing content and materials
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access)
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask
- In depth knowledge of managing large datasets based in MS Excel
- Experience working with third party research databases such as Capital IQ, Avention (Dun & Bradstreet), Manzama
- Knowledge and experience using SaaS, SAP
- Able to manage pressure and tight timelines, limited budgets at times and quick turnarounds
- Results driven, self-starter and team player
- Experience working with offshore teams would be a valuable asset
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important firm value. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To apply, please visit the Careers page of our website at www.nortonrosefulbright.com. We thank all candidates for their application, but will be contacting only those whom we select to invite for an interview.
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any further accommodations during our recruitment process, please contact TORHR_RH@nortonrosefulbright.com.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.