A subsidiary of Torstar Corporation, Metroland is one of Canada’s premier media companies. Metroland delivers up-to-the-minute vital business and community information to millions of people across Ontario. We have grown significantly in recent years in terms of audience and advertisers and we’re continuing to invest heavily in developing best-in-class talent, products and technology to accelerate our growth in the media landscape and strengthen our connection to the community.
Want to build great digital businesses that more than 3 million Canadians will use each and every month? Want to revolutionize how people shop online? Want to do it with an amazing team of entrepreneurial, passionate people in a fast-paced environment? If the answer is yes then Metroland’s Digital Commerce group is looking for you! Digital Commerce is a specialized group within Metroland that grows leading Canadian digital properties including WagJag.com (a Canadian leader in daily deals),Save.ca (a Canadian leader in digital flyers and coupons), and TravelAlerts.ca (a growing Canadian leader in travel deals). Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will work collaboratively with a wide range of groups across the Digital Commerce division to lead, build and grow the Save.ca business.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to evaluate and establish a new growth strategy for the Save.ca brand.
- Plan and execute tactics to increase coupon orders and flyer views.
- Engage in promotional partnerships to reach new audiences, and grow Save.ca’s website traffic, email subscribers, and mobile app install base.
- Lead strategic choices and vision for the Save.ca brand and marketing elements across all media.
- Develop measurable, low cost/effort advertising campaigns aimed at increasing brand awareness.
- Lead Save.ca’s social media strategy, and collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator to execute this strategy.
- In connection with the Sales team, contribute to idea generation and execution of sponsorships and media campaigns.
- Plan and execute programs that drive subscriber/customer retention and engagement.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Tons of passion for all things digital, a strong sense of urgency, a keen eye for new opportunities and a deep desire to expand an already established business are all required to thrive in the role.
- A results-oriented, analytical, and strategic thinker.
- The ability to both establish strategic direction and also execute.
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Omniture, or similar web analytics software is a significant asset.
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods industry and/or retail industry is a significant asset.
- Experience in email marketing is an asset.
- A University degree in business or marketing is preferred.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting company at the cutting edge of the media industry.
- Work for a well-established and respected company that is connected to your communities.
- Competitive compensation plan and Group RSP.
- Be part of a company that is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment.
- We provide individualized career plans and extensive ongoing development opportunities.
- We’ve got your health in mind; you’ll receive a comprehensive benefits package and a generous vacation plan.