The Brand Manager is responsible for overall accountability for brand P&L and development of Marketing plan including advertising, new concepts, forecasting, budget management, and sales analysis for a specific portfolio.
- Ensure the strategic integrity of Brand based on Brand strategies, modified as required for the Canadian environment.
- Consistent with these strategies, develop and implement a detailed annual Brand Business Plan, assume responsibility for achieving all the Brand profitability objectives as detailed in the annual Budget /ETR, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Develop consumer marketing plans and advertising campaigns, based on global creative development modified as required for the Canadian consumer, to profitably build consumer equity in the brands concerned.
- Develop long-term brand strategies including planning for and launching new products simultaneous with U.S. launches where appropriate.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Core Category to ensure both Consumer and Customer marketing programs are optimized.
- Perform strategic analysis and consumer segmentation analysis as appropriate.
- Budget and control all marketing expenditures related to portfolio.
- Communicate brand marketing initiatives to the customer business team, logistics, customer service and the leadership team.
- Working with the marketing group, the customer business team, R&D, package development, PR and creative agencies and media planning, execute the consumer marketing plans (including new product launches) and advertising campaigns.
- Assist in development of key account presentations for: new product launches; annual merchandising and promotional plans; consumer sales and share trend data, new strategic initiatives.
- Using syndicated share data and POS data; generate conclusions about promotion effectiveness, shifts in consumer behavior, long term market trends.
- Present business opportunities, derived from data analysis, to the leadership team where applicable.
- Develop Assistant Brand Manager to maximize efficiencies and execution of plans; coaching and leading as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years’ experience in managing a brand portfolio in consumer packaged goods as well as managing a direct report
- Extensive experience owning brand P&L and developing marketing plans
- Experience with Nielsen reporting and analyzing current business and competitive trends
- Ability to influence and work in a cross-functional environment
- Relationship builder with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior strategic acumen: ability to recognize and act upon Brand and Customer strategies and to evaluate performance based on strategic goals
- Thorough knowledge of Marketing and Sales principles as well as a basic understanding of the role that each functional area (Logistics/Customer Service/Finance) plays in achieving objectives
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.