Brand Manager, RTD
The Brand Manager – Core RTD Brands, will be responsible for leading and managing all brand building and innovation programs related to the Core Ready-to-Drink (RTD) business at Mark Anthony Brands (MAB). The RTD business is the most significant in the MAB portfolio and this role is the marquee Brand Management role within RTD, reporting to the Director of Marketing for RTD.
MAB is the #1 player in specialty beverages in Canada with leading brands such as Palm Bay, Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Okanagan Premium Cider, American Vintage Iced Tea, Cayman Jack, Rockstar +Vodka
This role is accountable for developing strategic consumer plans to grow our “Core” portfolio encompassing Palm Bay, the #1 RTD brand in Canada, and Mike’s Hard Lemonade, one of the original RTD brands in North America. The successful candidate will build brand strength through advertising and promotions, invent new ways to engage consumers both above and below the line, drive our digital and social media strategy, launch new innovations and generate excitement about our plans both internally with sales and externally with customers. This is a fabulous marketing opportunity for someone with strong marketing fundamentals, mature leadership abilities, a track record of success, and a true passion to win.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the development of the strategic Annual Brand Plan for RTD to drive cases, profit and market share, including managing A&P and trade spending.
- Develop and manage all brand building, advertising, social media and promotional plans including sampling, in-store promotions, events and large-scale sponsorships related to the Palm Bay and Mike’s Hard Lemonade brands.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Insights and Strategic Innovation to develop plans for core renovations and new product innovation that drive the business.
- Lead brand building and innovation projects end-to-end, from conception to launch.
- Manage and grow current agency relationships and bring in new strategic partners as necessary both ATL and BTL.
- Develop and implement channel strategies, including pricing, for all retail and OP channels.
- Build compelling, simple-to-execute sales presentations with solid metrics to support initiatives.
- Build and launch effective sales tools to enable field sales to generate consumer pull.
- Work cross functionally to get things done with Sales, Finance, Supply, and Trade Marketing.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities)
Skills, Education, & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited 4 year university or college
- 3+ years Marketing experience, beverage alcohol experience is a plus
- Strong track record of success in the marketplace
- Experience with strategic planning, creative development, sampling, packaging, and innovation
- Strong leadership skills (both visionary/strategic and team leadership)
Abilities & Team Fit
- Mature, self-starter who is highly motivated and wants to work collaboratively with others
- Strong logical and strategic thinking skills with an intuitive sixth sense for creative brand building
- Passion for marketing as a craft and beverage alcohol as an industry
- In touch with consumers and pop culture and able to translate that into winning strategies
- High capacity for work and a sense of urgency to move at a very fast pace
- Accountable person who can consistently meet deadlines with accurate results
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to interact with Senior Management and customers
- Working knowledge of marketing research
Personal characteristics are based on qualities we look for company-wide in applicants therefore all job postings will ideally have the same core characteristics:
- Questions the status quo in a constructive manner and thrives on change that improves results
- Open (no agendas), honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies – a strong background in a matrix organization is beneficial
- Effective business systems thinker and a good understanding of business process knowledge
- Strong stakeholder management focus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
- Effective leadership and strategic influencing skills
- Proficient with personal computers and business applications