As part of a brand team, the Brand Manager supports development and management of marketing plans to meet brand objectives and deliver brand profits. This includes responsibility for one or more of the following marketing activities within the brand team: Brand Strategy, New Product Introduction, Communication Strategy, Expert Marketing, Market Research, Media Planning and Promotion Strategy. The incumbent will rotate across the spectrum of these marketing activities to build competencies in these areas, while building the equity of the brand
- Identifies, evaluates and pursues opportunities to drive consumption of brand through execution of various short and medium-term Marketing tactics while increasing profit.
- Implement Category Growth Team Stategies (where applicable) for innovation or new product introduction.
- Develops strategies, tactics and leads execution of national brand programs plus those designed to engage shoppers at retail or anywhere face-to-face consumer engagement is possible.
- Collaborate with brand team to develop compelling consumer communication that is highly persuasive and aligned with global, national and/or account programs to ensure consistency and synergy with other Brand communication, promotion and pricing and an understanding of the marketing plan impact on the business and our customers.
- Develops Media and Promotions strategy through advertising copy and strategy planning. Work through outside agencies to execute the plan.
- Generate new ideas and take action to advance them.
- Use project management tools to process complex, multi-functional efforts. Develop timetables, manage interdependencies and drive projects to meet resource and time requirements.
- Deliver written and oral communication to advance a point-of-view, provide analysis or update the level of knowledge. Present proposals/recommendations clearly and succinctly and manage discussion to obtain agreement.
- Able to effectively and efficiently deliver outputs using key processes including, but not limited to Sales, creative development, artwork development, coupon execution, trade funding, sales communication, special pack development/allocation, package development, forecasting, and new item development/testing.
- Meet the needs of internal customers in accomplishing objectives.
- Evaluates promotion ROI using known analytical techniques, as well as draws conclusions/insights to make tangible recommendations from the resulting data.
- Assesses threats through maintaining extensive knowledge about category competitive set and adjust marketing strategy appropriately.
- Build strong relationships with other members of brand team and Business Unit.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Strong communications skills, with emphasis on oral presentations
- Demonstrate advanced level of analytical, planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated advanced level of creativity aligned with marketing or sales programs
- MBA with prior 6+ years prior experience in Consumer or Medical Marketing
- Track record of strong, consistent brand and portfolio growth, brand turnarounds and/or relaunch success.
- Proven ability to apply strategic principles in relation to
- Proven Commercial thinking with evidence of P&L expertise including cost minimization and value maximization.
- Experience in addressing and solving difficult challenges while maintaining strong relationships