Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, among other games. Relic was founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles, and have a life. Relic is based out of beautiful Vancouver, Canada, a city that has breath-taking mountain and ocean views, along with snowboarding and skiing, golfing year-round and amazing hiking trails. If you love games, enjoy working collaboratively with smart, creative people, and have diverse personal interests outside of work – you’ll enjoy our culture.
What you will be doing:
The Brand Director will own and drive all marketing, PR and community aspects of Relic’s franchises, whilst also developing strategy and delivering on business opportunities.
- Set global strategy for the marketing, PR and community support for all Relic’s games
- Build and manage a team to deliver marketing, PR and community needs
- Communicate strategy decisions to the execution teams at SEGA’s offices
- Provide input and consumer insights into game features that are supportive of the game’s high concept and positioning, with a particular attention to acquisition related features.
- Work with studio Business Intelligence team to measure and qualify promotional channels for efficiency.
- Represent Relic to the outside world as an authoritative, credible voice
What you should have:
- Strong knowledge of RTS games
- 7+ years’ experience creating and leading a marketing plan for a major product
- Degree/Diploma in related discipline
- Experience running a marketing team
- A strong knowledge of contemporary business operations within the games market
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, organised and motivated
- Infectious enthusiasm to influence change