Brand, Creative and Digital Manager full-time
The creative and digital team are an in-house resource delivering branded marketing and communications material in and across all of the firm’s marketing channels. The team require a Brand, Creative and Digital Manager with strong team management, creative and digital production experience to lead day to day operations.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications the Brand, Creative and Digital Manager will lead all design and digital aspects of integrated marketing campaigns in Canada and Latin America ensuring a high quality output and the timely delivery of products and services. Directing the team providing expert counsel, support and tactical implementation while working closely with Norton Rose Fulbright’s marketing and communications teams, regional marketing teams, global marketing teams, offshore design and digital teams, IT, and other business services teams. This role is the Brand, Creative and Digital (BCD) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Canada and part of the global BCD team and will regularly participate / contribute and will sometimes lead global projects.
Brand and Creative
Working with the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications and the Global Head of Brand and Creative develops and ensures consistent processes are adhered to and globally led projects are scoped and prioritized accordingly.
- Working with the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications assists in the development, launch and sustainment of Norton Rose Fulbright Canada’s integrated brand marketing campaign and other project specific marketing campaigns.
- Manage production, distribution and execution of projects with on and offshore design teams of various types of marketing communication creative in compliance with our guidelines such as videos, invitations, signage, brochures, advertising, web banners, etc.
- Supervise the production of materials done by on and offshore teams and outside suppliers.
- Identify the needs of our internal clients and proposing appropriate brand and creative solutions.
- Identify and manage production deadlines and ensure all involved respect such deadlines.
- Ensure efficient follow-up of our various graphic projects with internal clients as well as with suppliers.
- Follows branding guidelines and ensures implementation throughout the firm.
- Manages brand integration in the event of any alliance relationships, integrations or co-branded initiatives.
- Adapts embeds and improves systems used in the business to efficiently deliver cost- effective, brand consistent, high quality marketing communications.
Working with the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications, and the Global Head of Digital Technology develops and ensures consistent processes are adhered to and globally led projects are scoped and prioritized accordingly.
- Conceptualize, execute and lead Norton Rose Fulbright’s Canada’s digital strategy deployment of campaigns, and management of the digital team. Digital represents all client facing online technologies, including public web, online video, blogs, social media, mobile, e-marketing and search engine optimization.
- Ensures strategic content on the firms Canadian and Latin American online and social properties.
- Manage all aspects of Canadian online and social media channels including: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality, and communication. Challenge internal teams to maximize ROI and to find optimal delivery solutions.
- Manage digital components of marketing campaigns and communications projects and propose opportunities to expand the reach of our content by identifying content that should be repurposed through our digital properties or distributed through our newsletters, legal aggregators, social media, etc. Supports the digital brand campaigns for Norton Rose Fulbright Canada.
- Create, analyze and provide reporting and insights for all digital campaigns for ongoing optimization in order to enhance current and future marketing initiatives. Responsible for digital dashboard and reporting, setting campaign goals and reporting digital channel performance
- Concurrently manage multiple highly-visible and/or complex projects, on budget and on schedule and ensure changing resource and project requirements are documented, understood, and clearly presented.
- Develops and delivers high impact, cost efficient digital vehicles including the firm’s website, intranet, and social media channels.
- Lead improvement of online content ranking using best practices of search engine optimization (SEO) and make recommendations for search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns.
- Lead digital work on our national integrated brand marketing campaign including working with our media planning agency and social media agency as it relates to content amplification.
- Providing digital strategy and consultation as well as implementation to the Clients and Market’s regional teams as they present their campaign briefs.
- Ensure that projects are comprehensively planned and executed as smoothly as possible, successfully managing internal stakeholders, client partners, and third parties.
- Compliment the global digital strategy by identifying and investigating new technology trends that may compliment the overall Norton Rose Fulbright’s digital program.
Managing the team, internal relationships and processes
- Develops, manages and coaches a team of 4 people. Directs the planning and prioritizing of workload and works with the team and colleagues to execute measure the effectiveness.
- Manage the team to deliver to time and budget.
- Manage and align team members – including managing teams in different locations across Canada - with a focus on effective delegation and work allocation.
- Ensures relevance, design and production of all materials in Canada’s both official languages.
- Facilitate sharing of success and learning, continuous improvement and best practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of relevant experience in a corporate environment (preferably professional services) and/or in an agency or studio production environment.
- Experience with brand and digital marketing team management.
- University degree or college diploma in related field.
- In depth brand, creative and design production experience with software such as Adobe Creative suite including Premiere and After Effects.
- In depth experience with digital platforms such as content management systems, analytics, email marketing and social publishing tools.
- Experience working with offshore teams.
- Exceptional people management skills including but not limited to delegating, coaching, defining expectations, prioritizing the team’s work, objectives and monitoring performance is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong research and analytical skills
- Possesses a high level of business acumen and an understanding of clients’ objectives within regional and national markets
- Cultural sensitivity with the ability to understand the perspective of international teams.
- Must demonstrate excellent business judgment capable of advising leaders and professional marketers on approaches
- Able to manage pressure and tight timelines, limited budgets at times and quick turnarounds
- Active interest and experience in social in social media including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Results driven, self-starter, multi-tasker and team player
- Strategic “out-of-the-box” thinker, a problem solver
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Bilingual capacity in English and French would be an extremely valuable asset
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no telephone or email inquiries. Agencies should register candidates online.