Bilingual Online Communications Coordinator contract
Company Name: Ontario Arts Council (http://www.arts.on.ca)
13 Month Maternity Leave Contract
Start date: September 26, 2011
The Bilingual Online Communications Coordinator plays an integral role in developing, implementing and executing online communications strategies for the purpose of engaging with stakeholders, maintaining a positive online reputation, increasing the reach of our messages, as well as building awareness of Ontario Arts Council (OAC) programs, services and activities.
- Write, edit and update newsflashes, e-blasts, corporate sections of OAC’s website, e-vites for OAC events, web advertisement copy, general announcements, and other content to appear on blogs and social networking platforms.
- Develop online communications strategies and analyze the progress ofonline activities and initiatives; evaluate analytics foronline campaigns (e-newsletters, email blasts) and social media.
- Monitor activity online for references and conversations relevant to OAC, and share internally.
- Primary spokesperson for responding corporately, and engaging and responding to the public (artists, general public, government, etc.), through blogs and social networking platforms.
- Prepare files for online publication such as graphic images, photos, PDFs, etc.
- Maintain the integrity, quality and consistency of OAC’s website, including styling, content and navigation, and developing systems for assuring accuracy of online materials
- Work and liaise with suppliers and key staff to develop and/or source products needed for online strategies (websites, web ads, email templates, e-newsletters, podcasts, videos, graphics, images, etc.)
- Educate staff about social media and provide advice with regards to the use of online social tools or technologies for engagement, advocacy, campaigns, marketing or communications, activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and online trends; familiarity with key websites and sources for online arts activity.
- Excellent plain language writing, editing/ proofreading and verbal communications skills in English and French to produce a variety of communications materials suitable for online audiences.
- Proven experience in writing and publishing web content and website maintenance; includingexperience using CRM (content relationship management) systems, web editing tools and programs.
- Direct experience working with web site designers and web developers with a sound understanding of successful web site design.
- Experience using social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. on behalf of an employer.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of web technologies, trends and programs including HTML, and affiliated marketing / social media.
- Moderate experience with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design and web design tools like Dreamweaver and/or Flash.
- Well-developed organizational, administrative, consultative skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work under pressure and balance multiple duties.
- Team player who is results-oriented, with ability to manage projects from planning to evaluation stages.
- Able to work independently with no direct supervision.
- General knowledge and appreciation of the arts; including knowledge of and sensitivity to the needs of artists from culturally diverse communities.
- Able to work 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, flexibility required.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page