The ADGA Group is currently seeking a dynamic and capable Bilingual Communications Officer to join our corporate team in our National Head Quarters.
This position supports the communication strategy and its execution across the ADGA Group. The incumbent must have the ability to problem solve and work on multiple tasks to tight deadlines, without compromising quality. He/she will be responsible for assisting with, and/or creating emails, direct mail, brochures, newsletters, and other publications in conjunction with the ADGA Group’s Graphic Designer and members of the Executive as required. The ability to read, interpret and communicate essential and key elements/messages of a strategic plan and thought leadership is key to success in this role.
- Ability to interpret technical documents/publications and edit thought leadership materials in order to relay the information to a broad and diverse customer base.
- Support the creation of marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
- Coordinate, plan and develop the production of bilingual content of printed and online marketing materials to support marketing and communications
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications.
- Prepare written/presentation materials as required
- Support the creation and delivery of press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, displays, multimedia presentations including video, podcasts and e-books, and speaking proposals.
- Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references.
- Prepare agendas and conduct research
- Ability to maintain established version control processes.
- Support the design and launch of email, print and marketing campaigns.
- Recommend, implement and maintain website content.
- Research media coverage and industry trends.
- Develop fresh story ideas.
- Conduct surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served.
- Assist manager and business units to determine event budget and manage expenses to that budget.
- Promote products and services through public relations initiatives.
- Work with external suppliers as required.
- Conduct extensive media outreach.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics, of trade shows, and press interviews and other events as required
- Assist with the development and organization of workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes as required.
- Arrange interviews and news conferences as required.
COMPLEXITY AND JUDGEMENT
Requires exercising of judgement, and the utmost discretion where interpretation, adaptation or application of objectives may be identified and considered. Methods are not standardized and situations may require development of new practices and procedures, and new ideas for problem solving. Most problem resolution will have immediate short term impact.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Decisions are made within framework of guidelines using a range of procedures, subject to functional supervision. Employee makes decisions on work priorities and methods of processes. Unusual matters will be referred to management. Errors would cost time or have a negative impact on external relations. Critical thinking and excellent problem solving skills required. Must maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of communications, media relations, public relations, or public affairs experience.
- Must have a University degree OR a College diploma in Communications, Business Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or related discipline.
- Must be fluently bilingual (French/English) (Read/Write/Speak).
- Must possess a strong knowledge of communications, and journalism strategies and concepts.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to plan and coordinate activities for all levels of management and staff.
- Must have technical proficiency in the MS Office suite, as well as a knowledge of Adobe Illustrator suite, and the ability to learn new tools and software.
- Must have the ability to multi-task with changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret (Level II) Government of Canada security clearance.
The ADGA Group has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required; it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.