EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies around the world.
The BC market Assistant Director within Brand Marketing and Communications (BMC) at EY is responsible for providing strategic advice and counsel to leaders and internal colleagues on communications and integrated marketing programs that contribute to differentiating EY, the ways in which we rally our teams around our business strategy and the distinctive brand we present to our clients and communities.
The BC market Assistant Director is a senior member of the national BMC team who provides leadership, and develops marketing plans, strategies and materials to help communicate important issues to potential and current employees, clients, alumni and media and build the firm’s external brand. This role supports, promotes and enhances internal and external engagement by developing and executing strategic marketing and communications plans consistent with the national marketing goals of the firm, with a particular focus on industries in British Columbia.
Working closely with the Go to Market Assistant Director, Public Relations Assistant Director, Market Segment Leader and BMC colleagues across Canada (and beyond), this role will be expected to build strong relationships with executives and process owners and acquire the subject matter expertise necessary to be a strategic advisor on communications, engagement and the EY brand.
The incumbent must be an excellent leader, writer, editor and confident relationship builder. S/he must communicate creatively and effectively about EY with various stakeholders, including media. The candidate will need to translate business-development strategy into measurable communications tactics aligned with EY’s over-arching marketing and business goals.
- Prepare integrated, measurable marketing plans consistent with the priorities of the business in B.C., specifically for mining and metals, energy, technology, real estate and government & public sector.
- Write and edit a range of communications, including leadership communications, daily internal news stories, regular newsletter articles, scripts, and town hall content.
- Offer strategic advice and counsel to leadership on communications and branding strategies, internal engagement best practices and more.
- Work closely with internal groups to understand their marketing needs and create communications plans to address EY’s strategic priorities.
- Recommend how best to promote communications pieces, increasing awareness with clients on best practices and selecting appropriate communications channels.
- As required, assist the PR Leader in communications planning to manage crisis response and issues-based inquiries.
- Support projects in other areas of the local and national BMC teams as needed.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Seven to ten years integrated marketing experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or public relations.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- First-class communication skills - excellent written and oral communications (including presentations) as well as listening and interpretation skills.
- Professional services and resources industry knowledge an asset.
- Relationships with media an asset.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Track record of creativity and innovation.
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders.
- Familiarity with social media tools.