REPORTS TO: Head of Marketing
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking a The Audience Development Specialist works across a set of VICE Canada’s brands to develop and execute strategies that grow the size of VICE’s multi-platform audience. This role is a key partner to the leadership of each brand, working across content strategy, insights, and social media to maximize the scale and loyalty of our audiences on both existing and emerging platforms.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops & executes strategies to increase reach, engagement, and loyalty across all platforms, including web, social, app, newsletter, video, and more.
- Leads a team of direct reports to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual growth goals.
- Maintains effective cross-departmental workflow among various departments such as Editorial, Production, Communications, and Sales, to fulfill goals in a collaborative fashion.
- Works directly with editorial leadership to inform and refine editorial strategy, based on performance, social, and other insights.
- Responsible for the hiring, mentoring, and management of a team of social editors, each of whom are responsible for day-to-day execution of social publishing across all platforms.
- Manages departmental budgets.
- Regularly measures and reports performance of all campaigns and assesses against goals. Makes adjustments in execution as necessary.
- Identifies industry trends and insights that help refine our strategy to grow our audience. Conducts competitive analyses and market research as needed.
- Works closely with Analytics team to build out complex audience profiles and identify areas of growth, sharing regularly with internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for constantly learning about, identifying, and sharing new opportunities and strategies for growth across the Network.