Position: Associate Producer, Content Works
Postmedia Content Works is looking for an Associate Producer for its Vancouver office.
About Content Works:
Launched in November 2015, Content Works brings 200 years of journalistic experience, Canada's largest network of content creators and sophisticated deployment capabilities all underpinned by best in breed data analytics to provide clients turn-key content strategy and quality content development through highly customized and scalable solutions.
The Assocate Producer is responsible for the ideation and execution of a range of commercial content campaigns and client relationships. Reporting to the Senior Producer, Content Works, the Associate Producer is seen as an accomplished content marketer with strong digital capabilities and skills of a journalist. This position is part of an integrated tteam working in Content Process, Development and Sales.
- Assist the Senior Producer and national Media Strategists in pitching new and strategic commercial content initiative, both on- and off-network;
- Work with the Senior Producer and internal teams to support and maintain strong client relationships and strategically develop new relationships;
- Work closely with national Media Strategists, Media Sales Consultants and others in the creative and production process;
- Create content executions in response to RFPs;
- Develop story, video, photo and infographic campaign ideas that drive brand goals and engagement for our clients;
- Prepare detailed creative outlines and production schedlues for each execution;
- Understand each project's unique needs and effectively assempble appropriate teams to execute each facet of production;
- Assign and oversee the work of content creators and coordinate production;
- Ensure quality control of campaigns pre-launch;
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and an ability to multi-task;
- Execute high-value content for multipel platforms in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or an equivalent;
- Outstanding command of written and spoken English
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with demonstrated experience adapting messaging to different channels while supporting brand goals;
- Minimum of two years of experience as a leader in multichannel content creation and/or digital marketing;
- Working knowledge of SEM, SEO and WordPress; understanding of email, mobile, social and web design principles; knowledge of best practices within the content marketing industry.
- Knowledge of audience metrics and social amplification techniques;
- Experience managing editorial calendars and multiple projects with conflicting deadlines;
- Knowledge of project management techniques is an asset;
- Proficient in all major business software applications (Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Excellent client service skills, ability to deliver client and stakeholder satisfaction in measureable ways;
- Professional demeanour and ability to work well under pressure;
- A motivated team-player and self-starter with superior communication skills and a strong desire to compete and succeed.