Associate Manager, Partnership Marketing - CBC Sports & Olympics - TOR08174
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Contract, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
The CBC/Radio-Canada Media Solutions Olympic Partnership Marketing team is looking for an ambitious and dedicated Associate Manager who will support in leading the development and implementation of sponsored integrations and campaigns for the Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022.
The Associate Manager will be a lead project manager, supporting with bringing all of our partnerships to life. They will execute TV, digital and social content integrations, custom commercial creative and other Olympic activations across CBC/Radio-Canada platforms.
The Associate Manager will work with the Partnership Marketing Managers and Olympic Integrated Account Leads in executing multi platform client partnerships & ad sales revenue by providing product knowledge and sales materials for their portfolios, as well as, participating in idea creation, proposal development and partnership executions. They will help develop compelling partnership opportunities by working with our content producers and other internal stakeholders to gather supporting research, build proposals and ensure feasibility of ideas.
This assignment is expected to end March 31, 2022.
Duties will include:
- Execute the rollout of 360 integrated sponsorships (TV, digital & social media), in line with needs and established objectives.
- Develop client facing and internal workback schedules.
- Create client facing materials from pitches to production updates to wrap-up reports.
- Support in briefing the commercial production and creative teams (asset delivery, design, copywriting, etc.); manage and guide key stakeholders through the production and post-production stages leading up to final execution; and obtain internal and external approvals (Programming, Schedule and Broadcasting, Advertising Standards, ASC and Telecaster).
- Coordinate the production of all digital, social and TV sponsorship assets inclusive of feature animations, in-studio graphics, lower thirds, squeezebacks, billboards, etc.
- Support the digital team in briefing and managing digital and social media production, including the briefing, production submissions, content development and copywriting for all activations, approvals with clients and the various in-house departments, quality control, and campaign delivery.
- Write copy for the various Partner executions; creative pitch development, and creative assets.
- Develop traffic instruction and distribute internally to key stakeholders at CBC/ Radio-Canada.
- Attend weekly internal and client-facing status, pitch meetings and new business brainstorms.
- Support Managers to ensure high quality delivery for both the brand and content teams.
- Develop briefings and follow up with clients and programming (or producers) to ensure integrations and product placements are correct, IOC approved and achieve client goals and objectives.
- Assist with the evaluation process to gauge the performance of implemented solutions and identify optimization opportunities.
- Support with the development of client post-mortems and provide campaign performance reports.
- Help lead the pricing, process and presentation of client renewals.
Beijing 2022 Games Time Role
- Between February 4 and 20, 2022, the role of the Associate Manager will evolve, with responsibilities shifting to an Olympic focus. This will include, but is not limited, to:
- Daily tracking of sponsor broadcast assets across all CBC and partner neworks.
- Social/Digital reconciliation to ensure all assets are tracked in the partner content maps.
- Supporting team in writing content for social media posts.
- Organizing clips, images, posts, data, etc...that can be used in the Beijing 2022 Post Report.
- Supporting Managers, as required, including:
- Daily partner meetings.
- Any ‘in games’ partner executions, while liaising with production and clients to ensure approvals and deadlines are met.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience working in Marketing, Sponsorships or Brand Activation.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications or the equivalent.
- Passion for sports, the Olympics and sponsorship marketing.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of brand strategy, sports sponsorships and digital and social platforms.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ideally coming with experience in client service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in presentation development with either PowerPoint, Google Slides or Indesign. Illustrator experience is an asset.
- Ability to handle multiple varied priorities on a regular basis with many critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Some evening/weekend work may be required for execution of client partnerships.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!