The Associate Director, Web Strategy provides leadership to TWU’s strategy for the web including the design and execution of a project to completely update TWU’s web presence; and builds strategic collaborative partnerships with University stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
Website Redesign Project Management
- Establish Web redesign project scope by studying strategic business drivers; discovering and validating business and technical requirements and parameters; obtaining input from subject-matter experts; examining and recommending changes to current business practices; developing and writing proposals as required.
- Develop Web redesign project solution by formulating objectives; planning project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application; leading the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions.
- Implement Web redesign solution by monitoring project progress; tracking action items; conducting design and implementation reviews; examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority; responding to team members' concerns; coordinating requirements with interested departments.
- Assure quality Web redesign solution by developing and completing test plans; maintaining project and technical documentation.
- Meet cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Provide project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Manage all technical/architectural processes necessary to support the University web site and sub-sites, including management of the content management system (CMS), and any additional software plug-ins or web development tools/resources.
- Develop University web site content standards and guidelines for style, tone and content through research of current trends, usability testing of clients, surveys of clients and editors, university policies and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Consult TWU departments/faculties/schools and end users on their web goals and development, ensuring that overall standards for appearance and usability are maintained for all web sites within the area of responsibility for the purpose of updating, enhancing, and/or modifying online content.
- Review/troubleshoot web site, including microsites, for consistent, reliable, and accurate content/links, order flows, registration flows, and transaction logs.
- Provide monthly/quarterly analysis of web site’s overall performance and provide recommendations based on these findings.
- Work closely with third-party SEO consultant(s) and with marketing teams to improve and refine SEO strategy including but not limited to search engine rankings and inbound links to drive online search campaigns.
- Respond to a variety of inquiries (e.g. faculty, staff, students, other TWU community, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in the use and expansion of web-related applications.
- Update job knowledge by tracking technology and project management advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Act in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of the university and contribute effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the organization.
Given Web Design Specialist; External Web Development Partner
Received Director, University Communications
Job Standards & Requirements
Education: Undergraduate required.
Experience: 7-9 years in a marketing, communications or web development environment.
Demonstrated web development project management experience.
1. Digital Strategist - experience with Global Content Strategies, User Testing, Page Tables,
Personas, Editorial Direction, etc.
- Technical Architect - Information Architecture, user experience, etc.
- Analytics experience
- CMS experience and expertise
- Project management and team building skills
Abilities: Proven ability to drive processes and build positive work environment, manage complex projects, work collaboratively, understand principals of governance, and to communicate complicated terms in a manner that non-technical people can understand, deliver online solutions that reflect the essence and ends of the University. Strong ability to lead people and build positive relationships within the UComm team and with University departments.
Personal: Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to TWU’s mission, Essence and Ends, Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. Impeccable character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging university atmosphere.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at anytime at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.