Associate Director, Programmatic Media and Platform Management (Assistant Director)
Join Cabinet Office's Marketing and Communications team and lead the government's media buying transformation. We are looking for a data-driven problem solver that can help us improved our first-party data practices to support advertising transparency, efficiency and marketing modernization.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Help the government evaluate and enhance the effectiveness of media research products and their methods by:
- Providing expert advice and guidance on the procurement of advertising and verification technology and services and lend your expertise to new government contracts
- Present to and educate internal clients and partners on the evolution of digital media and its impacts on government
- Collaborate with other Canadian government organizations on mutually beneficial projects related to research, advertising standards and digital measurement
Develop a portfolio of digital-specific measurement guidelines for display and online advertising by:
- Creating guidelines for engagement metrics, social media measurement, viewable Impressions (Desktop, Mobile), invalid traffic detection and filtration
- Research and review the government's programmatic buying practices
- Defining audience-based metrics and our standard for served impressions and ad effectiveness
Establish the data insights team who will:
- Assist with and have oversight over an auditing strategy for digital measurement as it relates to paid media
- Identify changes necessary to advance the state of digital measurement to inform the effectiveness of digital ad expenditures
- Ensure measurement focuses on the exposure of advertisements to real people (in Ontario)
How do I qualify?
- You have a background in data and audience segments
- You are knowledgeable of the programmatic landscape and the key players including SSPs, DSPs, DMPs and ad verification solutions
- You have a background in exchange-traded media, inventory supply and online advertising development
- You have experience in and enjoy building new teams and processes
- You are passionate about efficiency and the public service and have a strong desire to deliver value for money spent
- You are an expert in dynamic content optimization, inventory partnerships and choosing advertising technology to better facilitate advertising commerce for digital media
Salary Range: $89,013 - $125,461 per year
· 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 99 Wellesley St, WHITNEY BLOCK, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
· In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply with a resume and a covering letter (in one document, not exceeding five (5) pages combined), and quoting Job ID 116645, by Thursday, January 11, 2018, to:
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.