Campus: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Department: Admissions, Vancouver
Hiring Manager: C.A. Abrahams
Hiring Manager Title: Campus Provost
Position Type: Professional Administrative
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Months Worked: 12 Month
Reporting to the Campus Provost and the Director of Marketing and Recruitment, the Associate Director of Marketing and Recruitment is responsible for the planning and implementation of student recruitment strategies and activities to increase the quality and quantity of students specifically at the FDU-Vancouver Campus. This will include overseeing relationships and agreements with educational agents and language schools, international market development and achieving enrollment targets in specified markets.
The Associate Director participates in all aspects of admissions, student recruitment and marketing including, but not limited to: the representation of the University to wide and diverse audiences within Canada, the United States and overseas; the evaluation of the credentials of applicants seeking admission according to University standards and requirements of particular programs; secondary school and post-secondary institution visits; student interviews; written and e-mail correspondence; telephone out-reach to admitted students; and data entry of inquiry and admissions information onto the University’s computer system and Canadian immigration data system.
The Associate Director works closely with other members of the Marketing and Recruitment team and Admissions to ensure the effective and efficient management of prospective students and processing of applications.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of senior level work experience in university admissions, recruitment or marketing, or in a related field, including staff supervision and managerial functions.
- Effective oral and written communications and interpersonal skills, and strong supervisory skills.
- Proficiency with computerized admissions systems.
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages preferred.
- Canadian driver’s license and accessibility to a vehicle.
- The ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally, and work at other Fairleigh Dickinson University locations, as required.
- Valid passport for international travel.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends and evenings.
- Canadian residency or work permit required.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing a background check.