Cadreon is a custom audience marketplace that redefines how media is bought. Cadreon presents a revolutionary new idea in marketing. Born from the minds of a new generation of media traders; we use sophisticated technology platforms and predictive algorithms to buy audiences instead of inventory.
This is a unique and exciting position.
The successful candidate will be positioned for rapid growth within Cadreon, and will gain invaluable hands on experience within the Canadian RTB marketplace. Cadreon offers the chance to work with a wide variety of clients, data & technical solutions providers, inventory sources, and also has a substantial internal support system.
The Associate Director, Campaign Management & Optimization will work hand in hand with the Managing Director for Cadreon, Canada, and will be the key support for the Canadian operations for Cadreon. This position offers an intense focus on developing expertise and entrepreneurship in this exciting space. This position requires some travel (to the US) for technical training and industry development.
Key Job responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
General Responsibilities (40%)
- Operate as key internal point of contact for campaign operations: campaign strategy and build, optimization, analysis, reporting and related campaign duties
- Combine media market & technical knowledge, data analysis, and client feedback to operate and optimize complex campaigns to meet client objectives (KPI goals)
- Work with Managing Director to determine campaign set ups, including testing methodologies, reporting requirements, and optimization strategies to ensure full impact and efficiency of campaign budget
- Extract learnings and insights from campaigns across multiple viewpoints
- Develop best practices and processes for building and optimizing on-line advertising campaigns
- Apply learned expertise in the use of multiple Demand Side Platforms, offering insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness through deep use of each platforms functionality
- Develop and apply in-depth knowledge of the digital advertising industry and real-time media market dynamics
- Serve as subject matter expert, managing and training junior managers to foster their analytics and optimization skills
- Work with Managing Director to develop and present campaign plans to clients and account teams
- Work closely with Managing Director on the development and application of Canadian market points of differentiation, inventory and data sources
- Contribute to clients’ business growth by identifying new opportunities and encouraging Client Service managers to implement creative solutions.
Campaign Planning (15%)
- Consult with Clients Services regarding development and alignment of campaign parameters
- Deliver insight into delivery and performance implications of campaign constraints
- Design media and audience data tactics to maximize economic outcomes within campaign limits
- Define campaign architecture for optimum tactical execution in DSPs
Campaign Management (20%)
- Monitor and control media spend for a portfolio of campaigns to ensure on-time and complete delivery of online advertising budgets
- Ensure all tactical media plan requirements are correctly implemented in DSP consoles
- Track, measure, and analyze all campaign activities and drive resolution of delivery and performance issues
Campaign Performance Optimization (25%)
- Execute day-to-day yield management across portfolio campaigns and supply sources
- Develop and implement bidding strategies & tactics to maximize efficiency of media spend
- Analyze performance of campaign tactics and iteratively refine targeting and yield controls to drive increases in performance
- Communicate campaign optimization results to clients to prove value against campaign goals
- 4 to 6 years of experience in SEM or Display focused interactive marketing with an online advertising/consulting agency, network, advertising exchange or optimization firm
- Knowledge of analytical methodologies and tactics for optimizing interactive marketing campaigns (i.e., segmentation, dynamic creative optimization, etc.) as well as knowledge of online marketing best practices
- Proven ability to generate hypotheses on use of data in campaigns and the ability to help design tests to validate hypotheses.
- Understanding of the RTB marketplace, and general knowledge of data sources such BlueKai, eXelate, TargusInfo.
- Experience with campaign optimization through a bid management platform (such as SEM) preferred
- High quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Fundamental knowledge of ad targeting methodologies (behavioral, contextual, etc)
- Expertise in working with ad exchanges, ad networks, ad servers, and/or other optimization platforms – work with DSPs, DMPs, SSP’s a plus.
- Experience with statistics and related analysis methodologies a plus
- Ability to investigate, analyze & solve problems, and clearly communicate results
- MS Office fluency, including Excel pivot tables & chart making.
- Experience with MS Access, VBA/Excel Macros, SQL, SAS or other data manipulation tools a plus
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Eagerness to get hands-on to figure out how things work
- Intense interest in learning all things within the RTB space and programmatic buying is essential
- Handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, verbal and written communication skills, ideally comfortable in a consultative, client-facing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Management Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or equivalent quantitative experience a plus but not required