associate brand manager
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by managing brand related projects and analyzing data to help lead strategic and tactical plan elements designed to deliver against the strategic growth plans. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares background analysis to support brand manager in reviewing sales/consumption trends, consumer insights, and program payback.
- Assists brand team in building annual operating plan through data gathering and analysis.
- Analyzes key issues relating to products (including cost, pricing, quality or consumer acceptance) and makes recommendations.
- Performs financial and marketing analysis; assesses brand products and competitor performance.
- May analyze information to support the development of a 12/18 month sales & operations planning product forecast.
- Assists the brand team in building annual operating plan and marketing/brand plan through data gathering and analysis.
- Build strong relationships within a matrix structure to ensure needs are addressed and information sharing is timely.
Marketing & Promotions:
- Applies analysis to identify new marketing/packaging/product opportunities.
- May manage the A&P budget in partnership with the senior brand manager. Specifically tracks marketing spend, processes invoices and reconciles spending versus the budget.
- In partnership with manager, may lead the execution of a specific marketing program.
- Supports implementation of new marketing programs and products.
- Supports category and consumer research by helping develop research materials and product samples.
- Supports development of multi-year financial, regulatory or supply chain global views.
- Contributes to product innovation development.
Summary of Experience
- Progressive analytical experience in product, marketing or other relevant environment. 2 years
- Project leadership 1 year
- At least one year prior experience supporting new or existing product development.
- At least six months experience in managing a budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience or four years US military experience in a related MOS/C.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and technical skills; comfortable with syndicated data.
- Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player.
- Ability to analyze business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Functions effectively with ambiguity.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.