McCain It’s All Good™ is our philosophy. As a food manufacturer, our business is driven by good people, making good food, from good ingredients – and the result is food that makes people feel good. But McCain It's all good ™ is not just about the food we make, it's about how we conduct ourselves in every aspect of our business. From farmer and customer relationships to sustainable agricultural processes – we strive to make every element of our business good. The McCain It's all good ™ philosophy underpins everything we do. McCain Foods is a world-leading food company and one of the largest manufacturers of frozen potato specialties. We also produce other foods including pizza, appetizers, vegetables, oven meals and desserts and our products can be found in restaurants and supermarket freezers in more than 160 countries around the globe. A privately owned company headquartered in Canada, we generate annual sales of CDN$7 billion, employ 17,000 people globally and operate 41 production facilities on six continents. We also own The Day & Ross Transportation Group – based in Hartland, New Brunswick – one of the largest transportation companies in Canada.
Associate Brand Manager, Retail – 9 Month Contract
McCain Foods (Canada)
Food for thought: If you start with fresh, quality ingredients blend them with care and attention to detail, prepare them with the same level of passion and standards that you would for your own family, then you will create delicious and healthy food time and again. That is what we strive for at McCain Foods, and that is what has earned the trust and loyalty of our customers around the globe. We value that trust and are currently seeking highly qualified, dedicated and responsible individuals that share our vision and passion for excellence. If that describes you, then there is a place for you at our table.
If you’re a creative and passionate individual who is interested in honing your marketing and general management skills in a Canadian owned and operated business where you can have autonomy to locally develop and implement brand plans, come join us at McCain Foods (Canada).
Reporting directly to the Senior Brand Manager, the Associate Brand Manager supports the brand leader in delivering volume, profit & share of assigned brand/s and has specific ownership and accountability for projects within the brand team. This position is based out of our Sales/Marketing Office 439 King Street West Toronto, Ontario and is a 9 month contract.
This role is responsible for:
- Identifying insights through data (Nielsen, financial, consumer, customer) and making recommendations that support the delivery of the brands short and long term plan objectives
- Managing multiple projects (new launches, research, cost savings, consumer promotions, etc.) to deliver upon agreed metrics. Has the ability to recommend changes in resource allocation within set parameters.
- Assisting in delivering the marketing mix with ownership of specific executions in partnership with our agency teams
- Supporting the development and execution of sales fundamentals (pricing, merchandising, shelving, assortment)
- Building a sound knowledge of the retail food market and taking initiative on being informed of the latest developments.
- Supporting the Private Label business through new product launches, packaging/product change and new customer bids
- Contributing to and building team & functional culture
What will make you successful in this role:
- Undergraduate Degree. Major in marketing preferred and an MBA is strong plus.
- Marketing and/or shopper marketing experience in packaged goods preferred.
- Sales experience preferred or Strong understanding of the CPG retail environment
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstance
- High degree of accountability with the ability to hold self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Ability lead cross functional projects and teams and handle multiple projects and priorities on time with excellence
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to function effectively as a leader and in a team and matrixed environment.
- A strong understanding of the CPG retail environment with the ability to deliver solutions that benefit the company and customer
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills (gathers critical data, translates analysis of an opportunity to resulting volume and financial goals, develops POV and recommendation)
- Ability to be resilient in the face of adversity
- Has the courage to step up and address difficult issues
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Nielsen MarketTrack knowledge preferred