Ontario Natural Food Co-op is looking for an Associate Brand Manager who is interested in working on our Private Label brand that is a part of a compelling local food trend. The local and regional nature of our Private Label brand is unique and leading edge.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for developing, managing, and implementing all marketing activities for ONFC’s Private Label. In order to maximize sales for ONFC’s Private Label, the Associate Brand Manager will create annual marketing plans, oversee outside advertising efforts. They will also be responsible for the integration of public relations, media, and agency initiatives to optimize business growth and profitability.
REPORTS TO: Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manage the entire marketing lifecycle of ONFC’s Private Label portfolio, including strategic marketing initiatives and tactical day-to-day activities.
- Conduct market research on business drivers in order to specify customer requirements for existing/upcoming products.
- Lead the product launch process, including defining and tracking promotions and other related deliverables.
- Analyze marketing programs and recommend yearly improvement to strategic plans.
- Establish brand positioning statements and value proposition(s) for ONFC’s Private Label.
- Manage all interactions with public relations staff, media personnel, and advertising agencies to increase brand awareness among customers.
- Select, implement, and use tracking and reporting tools for monitoring the performance of brand initiatives.
- Integrate branding efforts with other business units, such as sales, product developers, training, and customer service.
- Conduct market and/or consumer research in order to gain insight into new opportunities and selling channels.
- Conduct competitive analysis to monitor the activities and developments of competing organizations; make recommendations based on findings.
- Communicate brand awareness plans and programs to senior management; evangelize product branding within the organization.
- Assist in the creation of product design, packaging, labeling, distribution, print and online advertising, and other tasks.
- Build and maintain a network of market contacts, industry associates, and other key relationships in order stay current with emerging market trends.
- Identify and forecast market shifts and threats.
- Create financial models, benchmarks, budgets, and data analysis methods.
- Where necessary, prepare and deliver product presentations, white papers, press releases, customer briefings, and other sales tools.
- Assist in the creation of product training plans for sales representatives.
- University or college graduation in marketing, business, or economics.
- 3-5 years of related work experience in marketing or brand management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Multi Brand Experience-managing a brand
- Understanding of bringing organic products onto the market place
- Demonstrated success in consumer-centric brand strategies, including product launches and execution of sales and marketing efforts
- Experience in natural and organic food industry
- Agency experience would be considered an asset
- Understands CFIA, Pro Certification/Eco Cert Practices
- Ability to write clear and concise market-driven positioning statements, value propositions, and product requirements and specifications.
- Excellent speaking skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Functional knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Able to learn new applications.
- Prior experience utilizing the Internet as a marketing vehicle.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.