A subsidiary of Torstar Corporation, Metroland Media Group Ltd. is one of Canada’s premier media companies. Metroland delivers up-to-the-minute vital business and community information to millions of people across Ontario. We have grown significantly in recent years in terms of audience and advertisers and we’re continuing to invest heavily in developing best-in-class talent, products and technology to accelerate our growth in the media landscape and strengthen our connection to the community. For further information, please visit www.metroland.com.
Want to build great digital businesses that more than 3 million Canadians will use each and every month? Want to revolutionize how people shop online? Want to do it with an amazing team of entrepreneurial, passionate people in a fast-paced environment? If the answer is yes, then Metroland’s Digital Group is looking for you! Our team is tasked with incubating and then growing digital properties including WagJag.com (a Canadian leader in daily deals), Save.ca (a Canadian leader in digital flyers and coupons), and TravelAlerts.ca (a Canadian leader in travel). Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will work collaboratively with a wide range of groups across the Digital division to lead, build and grow WagJag.com – responsible for all aspects of marketing this property!
- Develop marketing plans for the year and key campaign periods
- Manage a large budget across all elements of marketing – including digital, print, PR and email
- Plan and execute tactics to increase traffic and purchases for new customers
- Mange the loyalty and engagement process for existing WagJag customers
- Manage the visual brand identity across all the WagJag properties – provide direction to the graphic design team
- In connection with the Sales team, contribute to idea generation and execution of sponsorships and media campaigns.
- Develop trade marketing materials to help sales bring on new merchants
- Engage in promotional partnerships to reach new audiences, and grow WagJag website traffic & email subscribers
- Develop measurable, low cost/effort advertising campaigns aimed at increasing brand awareness.
- Lead the social media strategy and collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator to execute this strategy.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Tons of passion for all things digital, a strong sense of urgency, a keen eye for new opportunities and a deep desire to expand an already established business are all required to thrive in the role.
- The ability to both establish strategic direction and also execute.
- Ability to lead by example with good communication skills and comfort in working in a fast paced self-directed environment
- 5+ years of experience in marketing.
- Experience in email and digital marketing is an asset.
- A University degree in business or marketing is strongly preferred.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting company at the cutting edge of the media industry.
- Work for a well-established and respected company that is connected to your communities.
- Competitive compensation plan and Group RSP.
- Be part of a company that is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment.
- We provide individualized career plans and extensive ongoing development opportunities.
- We’ve got your health in mind; you’ll receive a comprehensive benefits package and a generous vacation plan.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.