Assistant Brand Manager - Chevrolet Cars & Crossovers-SAL0004888
Assistant Brand Manager – Chevrolet Cars & Crossovers
March 27, 2014
General Motors is reinventing itself as a company. We are driving forward, accelerating change, and opening the door to new thinking and advanced technology. Our vision is to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. General Motors of Canada strives for an open, interactive, and dynamic work environment that promotes a rapid exchange of ideas and information. Our employees represent a true cross-section of cultures, demographics, and lifestyles, which help General Motors to succeed worldwide. General Motors of Canada is continually looking for qualified candidates who have the ideas and ambition to drive GM forward as a faster moving, more agile, highly innovative manufacturer, and marketer of automotive components and vehicles.
Interested in joining a company that is driving the future of the automotive industry? The career you have been looking for may be waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
Role Summary: Working closely with and reporting to the Brand Manager – Chevrolet Cars & Crossovers, the Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) monitors and analyzes market dynamics to develop and coordinate strategic plans and marketing initiatives. This position is for one of the two ABM roles for the Chevrolet Cars & Crossovers team as part of the newly reorganized marketing department.
- Assist Brand Team achieve Business Plan Targets – ACM, CM%, Sales, Share, FUS
- Work closely with the Chevrolet Advertising Team & Chevrolet Cars & Crossovers ABM counterpart to develop comprehensive marketing plans
- Assist in the execution of flawless product launches
- Develop impactful sales tools for field staff and dealer personnel
- Provide feedback and recommendation on brand communications to improve brand health
- Perform analysis in support of monthly brand management review process (driving the business)
- Assist in the development of new product programs
- Interface with the US Brand Team to obtain information and work together on an ongoing basis
- Develop unique Canadian brand positioning as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence various groups and levels
- Demonstrated strong organization & analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage
- Willingness to travel
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous field sales experience considered an asset
- Pervious Advertising / Marketing experience considered an asset
Education and Training
- University degree (Bachelor of Commerce / Business with major in Marketing or Advertising an asset)
What Makes Us Attractive
When you join one of the largest organizations in the world, you can expect a rewarding experience and benefits on a similar scale. This includes:
- Everything you need to develop your skills and realize your career goals.
- An environment which encourages a balance between work and personal life.
- A culture where collaboration and team work is fostered.
- A competitive total compensation package.
- A comprehensive benefit and retirement savings program to protect you and your family.
- The resources and support you need for your health and well-being.