- Exciting opportunity in a rewarding role with Nature's Path - 2016 Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for in Canada!
- Be a part of a values-based organization with a mission to leave the earth better than we found it.
- Fantastic work atmosphere and supportive team members.
About Nature's Path
Nature’s Path is a sustainably-driven, deliciously-healthy organic food company that believes in "leaving the earth better than we found it". At Nature’s Path, we believe in the idea that you can come to work, and help make the world a better place in the same day. Nature’s Path has received numerous awards such as the Greenest Employer award, BC’s Top Employers award, and Financial Post’s Ten Best Companies to work for in Canada!
As a family-run, privately-owned company with locations in Canada and the U.S., our company was founded with strong entrepreneurial spirit and mission to leave the Earth better than we found it, which has become part of everything we do. Since our establishment in 1985, we have expanded to employ a team of over 600 employees in U.S. and Canada! Our company’s innovative brands include Nature’s Path, Love Crunch, Envirokidz and Que Pasa.
Our goal is to be a trusted name for quality organic foods in every home– socially responsible, environmentally sustainable and financially viable. We believe that everyone should have access to delicious food that is both good for people and the planet. If you share our vision, please explore our opportunities and take the path to a new and exciting career!
About The Opportunity
The Assistant Innovation Manager supports the Innovation Manager in defining and leading the future direction of Nature’s Path innovation. The role champions consumer analysis and leading cross functional teams, in the context of designated opportunities areas and innovation portfolio objectives.
Critical outcomes for this role include:
Support the execution of the Innovation Strategy and apply strategic thinking capabilities:
- Demonstrate ability to understand the market and the innovations challenges and to choose where to focus efforts and why that will drive value for the business.
- Provide relevant business recommendations that drive company growth.
- Utilize Consumer Insights, assess potential of new breakthrough technologies, identify white space opportunities for the technology, and lead development and testing of concepts.
- Participate in brainstorming and concept testing with external agencies.
Support and Lead Innovation Project Management:
- Create project proposals defining project objectives and outlining plan, budget and ROI measures. Share with Management team for approval and alignment
- Timeline management (manage both internal and external teams participating in project).
- Lead taskforce meetings to update internal/external stakeholders on project status.
- Work with the cross functional team to manage the product and packaging development (R&D, Operations, engineering, graphics, finance, regulatory…)
- Collaborate with the brand, Sales, Trade and Communication teams to launch the project with success in market.
Support the development of hypothesis, data evaluation, conclusions, recommendations, and action plans based on in-depth analysis:
- Conduct in-depth data analysis on all areas of the business (financial, consumer, competitor, customer, company, and category).
- Support in drafting consumer research initiatives and participate in the decision-making process resulting from the findings.
Success in this role will require:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Commerce, Marketing or related field and/or combination of relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years of innovation experience or brand management experience with a strong focus on new product development and “white space” innovation required.
- High project management skills and Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong analysis skills and good business acumen.
- Robust understanding of CPG marketing principles.
- Good proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
Upon joining Nature's Path, you will become part of a vibrant team that contributes to bringing healthy, organic food to the world in a sustainable way. At Nature’s Path, we follow 5 core competencies and, as a result, strive to build a culture that is: performance driven, always improving, team focused, honourable and respectful, and sustainably and socially conscious.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Nature’s Path Foods; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Nature’s Path.