The Art Production Manager works with Producer, Art Director, Leads and vendors to manage and drive asset scheduling and creation – both internally and externally. They will help develop milestone deliverables, budgets and outsourcing plans and are the primary point of contact for external outsourcing partners.
- Work with internal and external teams (particularly Art) to deliver the visual content for the project at the highest expected level of quality
- Create and maintain schedules and asset tracking lists/systems and communicate the status of these effectively to the team
- Develop and maintain asset list and in-house tracking system for the duration of the outsource project
- Define and maintain both outsource and internal art pipelines
- Review, provide feedback and approve quality of assets being built from external vendors, in concert with Art Director and Lead Artist
- Serve as primary point of contact between the development team and outsourcing/vendor contacts.
- Manage flow of communication and relationships with external vendors, including wrangling training modules, style guides, tools and project documentation
- Review and communicate feedback to the vendors through all stages of contract and work execution.
- Develop “best practices” methodology for distributed development
- Assisting in Researching and negotiating pricing agreements with vendors for equipment, supplies, printing services and office equipment maintenance
- Assist with gathering of art reference materials, as needed
- Assisting with management of staff
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Art Production Management in the video game or relevant industry
- Proficiency with project scheduling and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously and proactively research, identify, and solve development problems
- Possess a good understanding of the art processes
- Independent multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills