Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for a dynamic hands-on Art Director to join the Marketing team based at our Global Headquarters in Burnaby, BC.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating collaboration within the creative team to conceptualize and set strategically effective artistic direction and design of all marketing material and ensure all visual touch-points support established brand/identity strategy. You will work with key stakeholders to support efficient implementation of artistic direction and mentor graphic designers and production artists along the way.
The Key Responsibilities
- Implements established corporate brand/identity strategy through visual design in a hands-on manner.
- To focus on artistic direction, develops design of visual marketing collateral to the point where junior designers and/or production artists can efficiently follow direction to finalize the material.
- Stays current with trends and new developments related to graphic design and the supporting techniques and technology.
- Performs other various duties as required from time to time.
- Works collaboratively with creative team to produce effective messaging concepts and design new marketing material, in support of established creative briefs and marketing strategy, in a timely manner.
- Participates in presentation of design materials for approvals by Marketing management, internal clients, and key marketing stakeholders (such as brand management team).
- Collaborates with production artists to design templates and guidelines for effective and expeditious ongoing repeat collateral production.
- Directs requests for, reviews, and selects visual imagery for use in marketing materials.
- Mentors graphic designers and production artists.
- Actively participates as member of the marketing team.
The Key Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Marketing, Communication, degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of graphic design experience in applied marketing communication setting.
- Expert knowledge of persuasive visual design principles, tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and visual.
- Knowledge of interactive interface design an asset.
- Experience mentoring high performing creative individuals in a dynamic setting.
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven ability to build good and productive business relationships.
Additional Job Description
What We Offer
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. If this is the place for you, you will never want to leave! As we continue to grow around the world, there will be endless opportunities to advance your career -- we have proven this over and over throughout our 50+ years in business. We deliver our Art Directors a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Base salary plus a performance based bonus.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
- Group RRSP with company match.
- Employee share purchase plan with company match.
- On-going professional development training.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
Our award-winning LEED gold Burnaby facility features an on-site subsidized daycare, a subsidized gourmet cafeteria, a free fitness centre, and free parking.
If you’re the person we’ve described above, we want to hear from you now. This posting will close as soon as a suitable candidate pool has been identified.
This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is posted. We thank all applicants, however, at this time only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate selection is made by the Corporate Recruitment Team in Vancouver, Canada. Please do not call the local staff about this position. We are only able to accept online applications for this role. No agency calls, please.
Ritchie Bros. is committed to employment equity and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws.