Are you a communications professional who wants to use your skills and experience to increase awareness of systemic racism in order to create a more inclusive province? Do you want to work towards making our province a place where everyone has an equal opportunity to flourish?
If so, consider this opportunity to join the Anti-Racism Directorate in Cabinet Office. As the government’s authoritative body of anti-racism knowledge and expertise, and promoter of racially equitable and fair practices, strategy and research, the Anti-Racism Directorate provides anti-racism leadership and expertise focused on systemic issues in collaboration with government, the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the community and business organizations. For more information, please visit us at ontario.ca/antiracism.
We are looking for individuals for the positions of Digital and Social Media Advisor and Strategic Communications Advisor and Writer in order to develop and implement communications strategies to promote awareness of the role of the Directorate.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Digital and Social Media Advisor, you will:
- Apply digital and new media expertise to develop and implement province-wide social media and digital outreach strategies using a mix of traditional and non-traditional channels
- Build a user-friendly digital platform with authoritative anti-racism content including interactive and storytelling platforms that reflect current digital trends to best engage a wide audience
- Monitor social media channels for trends and issues and prepare digital content and key messages to promote the work of the Directorate
- Implement design of educational e-modules
As the Strategic Communications Advisor and Writer, you will:
- Provide communications planning, writing and advice to develop communications products and outreach materials for senior management
- Lead the development and implementation of the issues management strategy for the Directorate including key messaging and plans and initiatives both internal and external to the OPS
- Develop messaging and write responses to incoming Directorate and Minister’s correspondence
Location: Queen’s Park, Toronto
How do I qualify?
Communications Expertise and Knowledge
- You have knowledge of the broad field of communications, best practices, related trends, current and emerging digital technologies, web and social media
- You have experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans and tactics
- You possess superior written and verbal communication skills to effectively brief senior management, outreach to community partners and provide strategic advice
- You have experience writing a range of communications materials (e.g., strategic communications plans, briefing notes, web content, correspondence)
- You are proficient in a variety of communications tools and software
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- You have well developed research and analytical skills to meet communications requirements
- You have experience assessing issues and viewpoints of various community partners in order to design content and prepare key messaging, information and communications products
- You have experience identifying potential issues or trends and can propose new, creative ideas and solutions
Project Management Skills and Political Acuity
- You have proven project management skills to lead the planning and implementation of complex communications projects and initiatives and meet tight timelines
- You have a high degree of tact, discretion and judgement to handle confidential information
- You have the ability to understand the government decision-making process to ensure that communications standards are maintained
As Digital and Social Media Advisor, you must also possess:
- You have expertise in methods, techniques and practices in new media, design, content development and social media trends to promote the work of the Directorate
- You have experience with website content management and development and the use of web-based tools and applications to update and maintain content in order to engage a wide audience
Your application will be assessed based on how strongly your identified qualifications meet the criteria in the job advertisement. When applying, customize your application with your relevant skills and experience in order to address the job qualifications listed above.