This is an interesting career opportunity for an enthusiastic Advertising Agency Advisor who has the talent and drive to develop and apply cross-sector and advertising agency expertise in the Direct Marketing arena. Your role as Canada Post’s ambassador in this niche area will be to help Agencies to better understand the competitive advantages and potential value added that Direct Marketing could offer to their clients. As Agency Advisor, you will develop and implement sales strategies, plans, tools and supports to make it efficient, effective and compelling for Agencies to sell our Direct Marketing products and services to appropriate clients. You will also assist, support and accompany Sales on presentations, execute the DM sales strategy and plan, and contribute to the achievement of line of business (LOB) objectives. Presenting DM and other Canada Post opportunities to Agencies and providing marketing insight to the industry will be key areas of responsibility. This position will see you working with other areas of Canada Post marketing (campaign management, Data and Mail product management) in your role as liaison between Sales and the LOB, and between our customers and the DM LOB.
As an Advertising Agency Advisor, you will:
- Promote Direct Marketing as a vehicle for increasing revenues and for improving margins to key Agency personnel across a spectrum of DM, general, digital agencies
- Educate and drive consideration for recommendation of CPC products and services by Agencies, to their client base
- Contribute to the development of analytical tools and apply tools to analyze the breakdown of advertising “spend” in different industry sectors and with a cross-section of customers
- Develop comparative analyses and rationales designed to increase DM “share of mind” and DM share of customer advertising budgets by demonstrating superior ROI of DM and identifying DM trends in industry sectors
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Ad Agency and/or marketing industry sectors and the potential for the use of DM in these sectors and with these clients
- Establish effective and positive working relationships with colleagues in the Sales organization
- Support and facilitate the Sales organization in selling DM products and services by providing Sales with high value added DM sales strategies and rationales, sales supports and tools that make it efficient, effective and compelling for Sales to sell DM products and services
- Assist, support and accompany Sales on presentations to customers and potential customers, and their respective agencies, in order to ensure alignment, understanding and, ultimately, sales of CPC products and services
- Present marketing opportunities and research to Agencies/customers
- Work with Agencies to conduct pilot projects and “test drives” in our collective customer environments to demonstrate to customers the advantages of increasing the DM share of the advertising spend
- Develop a sophisticated approach to winning proposals in response to potential business opportunities, including the tools and methods to deliver high-quality proposals in a consistent and timely manner
- Contribute to effective sales funnel management practices in order to ensure a steady stream of qualified business opportunities for Direct Marketing
- Execute the LOB Sales Strategy and Plan, and contribute effectively to achieving quotas
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in DM as part of a self-directed continuous learning and professional development process
- Take advantage of training and development opportunities, and contribute to the professional growth and development of others by sharing expertise in DM
- Develop and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues in your own LOB and in other components of CPC.
Education and Work experience
- Business diploma/degree (MBA preferred) with a business or marketing focus, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ project management experience
- 8+ years’ experience as a practitioner in a DM, Direct Response and CRM-driven professional marketing environment, mainly with Advertising Agencies or with major customers of Direct Marketing, developing and executing DM campaigns, including data and targeting, creative, and strategy
- 3+ years’ experience with a digital agency/leveraging digital channels as part of the marketing mix, preferred
- Good understanding of the Advertising Agency landscape, including key players, and internal agency processes
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Computer proficiency, data manipulation skills and comprehensive database knowledge
- Outstanding marketing communication skills
- Superior project management skills
- Sound judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivation and drive to achieve goals.
Note: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Defined contribution component of the Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions A strong community of employees
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
Apply for this job (Job ID J0616-1133) via the Canada Post Careers website at www.canadapost.ca/careers or copy and paste the following URL into your web browser:
Des renseignements en français sur ce poste (J0616-1133) sont disponibles en ligne à postescanada.ca/carrieres.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.