KEA Canada Limited Partnership is a popular home furnishings retailer that operates stores across the country. IKEA Canada is a franchisee of Inter IKEA Systems BV, which grants licenses for the familiar blue-and-yellow IKEA stores around the world.
The IKEA Group is the world's most successful international home furnishings retailer, operating over 267 stores in 39 countries and with more than 123,000 co-workers. In addition to its retail operations, the company has over 1,220 suppliers in 55 countries, and 28 distribution centres in 16 countries. IKEA also owns its own industrial group, producing wood-based furniture and components - employing 15,000 employees in 46 production units across 11 countries.
Today, IKEA Canada has 11 stores in Canada, 1 Service Office, 1 Phone Centre and 1 Distribution Centre, employing over 4,000 full and part time co-workers.
Ensure our advertising strategy reaches new and existing customers, inspiring them to visit our stores and website and to shop more frequently.
- To have a good understanding of market demographics, the economy, our competitors and their communications.
- A solid knowledge of different consumers’ life at home to understand specific shopping needs and behaviors.
- Develop and implement an effective and relevant external communication plan and to secure the most effective media channels.
- Partner with the stores to plan and implement campaigns for new store openings and support local marketing communication.
- Coach and develop agency partners to ensure they embrace the IKEA identity and values.
- Ensure all communication initiatives align with our business plan to grow the business and support the sustaining of long-term profitability.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with different target groups resulting in the establishment of strong communication networks.
- Experience with strategic communication initiatives.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience working with both Advertising and Media agencies
- Strong leadership qualities with good Business acumen
- Ability to work autonomously and multi-task accordingly
- Relevant education in Marketing, PR or Communications.
- Fast-paced, deadline driven office environment
- 15% domestic and international travel.
- This role is based out of the Canadian Service Office in Burlington, Ontario, Canada
* Internally this position is referred to as External Communications Manager