About Bitmaker Labs
At Bitmaker Labs, our vision is to have more developers generating more code that enacts more change in the world, one commit at a time. Our goal is to launch the careers of hundreds of thousands of developers by providing high-quality, mentor-driven environments for our students to quickly learn the fundamentals of full-stack development.
What We Look For
Our students put their future in our hands. They leave their jobs, families, homes and lives, trusting us to teach them tools that will turn their coding dreams into reality. At Bitmaker, we only hire people that have complete respect and appreciation for their leaps of faith.
Like Shopify, Moz, Etsy and Zappos before us, we’re working hard and consciously to build a culture roadmap for the Bitmaker classroom and team. Being a Bitmaker means that you’ll help us begin to define what “collective culture” means to us, and help us implement it every day.
Finally, we strongly, strongly believe in gender, race, cultural, sexual and age diversity and actively encourage the best of all backgrounds to apply to our programs, and our job openings.
About This Position
We’re looking for an admissions officer to join our admissions team. This person will be responsible for the very first impression students will have at Bitmaker. The person we hire will be known for their strong communication skills and personable attitude.
Admissions are a very important function at Bitmaker with quite a bit of customer-facing interactions. As such, the admissions officer will be reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Manage the entire process of student recruitment, from initial interview through to their first day on-site
- Optimize criteria and determine student eligibility to attend our program
- Maintain applicant pipeline dashboard (and suggest ways to make them better)
- Work with the marketing team to establish future cohort dates and marketing strategy
- Suggest and implement improvements to the application process
Our Ideal Candidate For This Position
You identify with the third paragraph within the “What We Look For” section, and have:
- A solid understanding / appreciation of coding (you won’t need to do any development work, but we’d like you to understand and empathize with our students and the reasons they are here)
- Gone through or is willing to go through a full Bitmaker cohort
- Prior admissions experience
- Experience working in the education and/or startup sectors
Our Admissions Officer must:
- Be obviously personable – the kind of person that people immediately want to be around
- Be OK with monitoring emails or texts in the evening and on weekends in the fringe situations that require immediate responses
- Be able to respond quickly to issues that arise in a fast-paced environment
Since this position requires daily interaction with the Bitmaker team and students, the Admissions Officer must live in Toronto or the GTA.
Oh, And One More Thing
We know that this job description is extensive. We hope that you won’t be deterred and will take the time to put in a thoughtful application so that we can start having a conversation. If you have any questions or concerns about this job description, please contact sean at bitmakerlabs dot com.