Administrative Officer, Communications contract
Job Code: 16 AE 10
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, COMMUNICATIONS (1.0)
(Two-year (2) term position with possibility of extension)
The Upper Grand District School Board invites qualified applicants for this two-year term contract with provision for renewal.
Location: Board Office, Director’s Department
Salary Range: $51,359 - $64,198 (annual salary)
Under the direction of the Communications and Community Engagement Officer, the Administrative Officer, Communications is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies, both print and web-based, the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communication campaigns, and community and partner outreach.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality (e.g. budget planning and deliberations, labour relations, personnel, and other sensitive information)
- Assists schools, senior administration and departments within the board with event promotion and advertising
- Assists the Policy Management Committee with the promotion of policies up for public consultation
- Develops and implements communication campaigns to attract and retain enrolment within the Board
- Liaises with community partners, educational and other organizations to promote the Board
- Develops and updates content for the Board website, staff portal, newsletters, brochures, and other print and web-based publications
- Preparation and proofreading of communications materials including infographics, brochures, reports, brand guidelines and advertising
- Manages project budgets and timelines
- Coordinates and organizes Board-hosted events and registration campaigns
- Represents the Communications and Community Engagement Officer as assigned
- Attends events at schools, board and committee meetings, and public meetings, as required (includes evening hours)
- Other duties as assigned
- Three-year community college diploma or university degree in communications, marketing, public relations or equivalent, plus three to five (3-5) years related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Proven ability in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Experience in, and/or an understanding of the public sector, educational issues and a political environment
- Experience with the development and execution of effective and targeted communication campaigns and production of publications
- Proficient in graphic design (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Understanding of the internet and web publishing
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience building and maintaining a strategic social media engagement plan and knowledgeable and creatively engaged with evolving social media, mobile and other digital platforms
- Excellent computer literacy and skills
- Ability to cope in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm for team work, ability to work cooperatively with individuals at all levels within the organization and community
- Digital video shooting and editing skills are an asset
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required
Duties to commence as soon as possible; this is a 12-month position.
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance to the Manager of Wellness and Employee Health.
Successful external candidates will be required to provide an original Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, prior to the commencement of employment. Please note that the CRC must be dated within 6 months of the date of acceptance of employment.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, we wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.