Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has an immediate opening for a media and public relations position as we grow our multi-faceted team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations - including the Forest Products Association of Canada; the Pacific National Exhibition; the Squamish Valley Music Festival; Disney On Ice; New Car Dealers of British Columbia and various local governments, among others.
Reporting to the VP of Communications and supported by the Senior Account Manager, the Account Manager position will be filled by a qualified individual who must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
No two days are the same at LBMG so a passion for learning and flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel both in Canada and the US as well as to local client sites and offices.
- Act as Public Relations Account Manager on a variety of projects, liaising and building strong relationships directly with clients with the support of senior management team
- Create strategic communications plans – and lead from concept through execution
- Develop full suite of communication materials to support strategic plans, including but not limited to press releases, advisories, backgrounders, key messaging, brochures, newsletters, blog posts, e-blasts and other promotional materials.
- Overseeing coordinators/interns to create content calendars for social media – ensuring that the social media strategy is being properly executed
- Create and execute media pitches in both the Canadian and US markets while under tight schedules
- Manage, mentoring, and coaching Account Coordinators and Interns
- Overseeing the building and development of pitch lists by coordinators/interns
- Understand, build and maintain an appropriate network with local, national and international media, both traditional and emerging
- Liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Provide timely and strategic communications advice to clients
- Planning and executing media events, including press conferences, technical briefings and media tours
- Media escorts to events, interviews and press conferences
- Creating a wrap report at the completion of a campaign
- Degree, Certificate or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Minimum 3+ years direct experience in communications field
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong understanding of the Canadian and US media landscape
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and strategies
- Proven strategic planning, project management, research and technical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a small team
- Excellent writing ability with demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Press style guides
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Willingness to work flexible hours under changing conditions
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license
This is a salaried full-time position, two weeks vacation and benefits. LBMG will provide the successful candidate with a company cell phone and laptop in order to complete work tasks.