Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with expertise in consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, energy and financial services. We believe it’s paramount to understand the intricacies and inner workings of our client’s businesses and the industries in which they compete. It is this knowledge that allows us to accurately guide dialogue with employees, customers and shareholders, and to better understand and recommend how our clients are living up to their values and promises. And most of all, deliver a well measured and operational return on investment.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada and U.K. Our affiliate network provides additional coverage across more than 40 cities in North America and more than 60 countries worldwide allowing us support our clients on a local, regional and global level.
Citizen Relations - Vancouver
Account Manager (5 years+ related experience)
Consistently recognized as one of Western Canada's top PR consultancies, our Vancouver office is growing rapidly and Citizen Relations is actively searching for an Account Manager highly specialized in lifestyle, travel, food & beverage and retail to work in our consumer practice area.
First and foremost, an account manager is responsible for effectively managing client teams and programs. This person will have the ability to drive multiple projects in an account lead position, overseeing flawless implementation to deliver strong results to our clients. The candidate will have a strong grasp on storytelling with an acute understanding of what makes news, leveraging new trends and insights to build communication strategies.
The role and what we’re looking for
Citizen Relations is seeking someone who:
- Will serve as an effective day-to-day account lead across multiple accounts in a project leadership role
- Will help develop measurable and effective communications strategies that generate desired results, and grow client relationships
- Delivers exceptional media relations results for our clients and provide best-practice direction and support to junior team members
- Engages directly with clients offering strategic counsel (both in-person and in-writing)
- Manages challenging media or client requests with limited senior support
- Maintains a strong understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional, online) and actively fosters relationships with reporters/producers/bloggers/influencers
- Possess the ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, can deliver effective and creative written products for clients, and has persuasive verbal communications skills
- Pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard
- The ability to effectively manage staff, budgets and timelines
- Participate in new business pitches to present key program elements
- Manage campaign budgets effectively and ensure accurate billing of time and costs
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing communications, business or similar background
- At least 5 years of directly related experience working in an agency environment (ideally a national or international firm) or on client side
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment and exceptional organizational skills
- Understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
- Team player who has a generous and respectful spirit and will be a contributor to a great team culture
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach
- Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business.