Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver’s Gastown district, is looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our growing team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations - including the Forest Products Association of Canada, the Pacific National Exhibition; the Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair; Royal LePage; Disney On Ice and the Royal BC Museum, among others.
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and Corporate Relations, the Account Manager must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment. No two days are the same at LBMG – our staff do not work a standard 40 hour week – so flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel to local client sites and offices.
- Act as Account Manager on a variety of projects, liaising directly with clients with the support of senior management team.
- Manage account coordinators working on client files.
- Understand, build and maintain an appropriate network with local, national and international media, both traditional and emerging.
- Liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement.
- Province strategic communications advice to a wide variety of corporate clients.
- Plan and execute media events including press conferences and media tours.
- Prepare press releases and and issue them to appropriate media.
- Write brochures, newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets and other promotional materials.
- Degree, Certificate or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Minimum four years job-related experience in communications or journalistic related field
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and strategies
- Strong planning, project management, research and technical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license and access to vehicle for travel to client sites/offices